What is causing this?

Smig

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2012
My mouse and keyboard suddenly stopped working. They are not in the device manager at all. I'm using a old logitech keyboard and a logitech g500 mouse. These only need setpoint to work properly if I'm correct. My version of setpoint is up to date. The keyboard and mouse have no power an do not work in safe mode or in the bios. My bios is up to date and I do not have any USB options in the bios to change. Neither have power in any USB port but my phone charger and headset work fine in every port no problems. There are no keyboard or mice options in device manager and no problems in USB section of device manager. I tried uninstalling all USB controllers and letting them be found on reboot but no change after. I am able to use a ps/2 mouse and keyboard to access the computer. I tried a usb to ps/2 adapter for the mouse and keyboard but they still didn't work no power. I tried a older USB mouse and it got power but did not work. It also does not show the USB mouse that got pot in device manager. It shows ps/2 mice and keyboards though. Both mice and keyboard work on another pc so it's not that. I'm plugging directly to the pc no hubs or anything. It also doesn't recognize a USB stick being plugged in. Does this seem like a motherboard issue or possibly a registry issue?
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=c01302540
(using a different psu 400watt and a gt 430 graphics card)

Smig

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2012
No there are no problems under the USB port that's what makes me so curious. Tried uninstalling them to be refound on startup but that didn't work either.

Smig

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2012
I've checked all the USB power options.. All show working properly and using 500ma. I tried a USB to ps/2 adapter for them and they still didn't work.