Need Help upgrading for SW:TOR

superkillrobot

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2011
Approximate Purchase Date: 1-2 weeks (Tax return.)

Budget Range: $300-400 (with shipping)

System Usage from Most to Least Important: SW:TOR-> SC2-> Diablo 3 (if it ever comes out.) Highest setting if possible.

Parts Not Required: Power Supply (http://zumaxpower.com/products/zu500w.htm) Computer Case (mATX) HDD (seagate barracuda 7200.11) Optical Drive

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg.com

Parts Preferences: none

Overclocking: no

SLI or Crossfire: maybe

Monitor Resolution: 1440x900 @ 75hz

Additional Comments: I've read Tom's bench marks on SW:TOR and I'm still racking my brain on which parts are going to yield me the best bang for my buck, I've decided to ask the community because pretty soon I'll be able to make my purchase and I want to make sure I get the right stuff. This is what I'm currently trying to replace:
Phenom x4 9500
4gb ddr2 667
am2+ mobo
HD 4830 512

I'm kind of scared of getting a phenom/anthlon II because they are old, and the FX stuff seems to really not be worth it if you can't afford the 990 chipset. I've never used nVidia or Intel in my own builds, nothing against them, just never had the budget.

Thanks in advance!

lupinesithlord

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
Intel is the best to go, 2500k for processor around 179 at microcenter brick and mortar. (if youve got one near you) best bang for buck. (also got a price break on motherboard when buying z68& processor) I've got a zotac gtx560ti that Im running swtor on high at 2048x1152. its been a good card (first time Ive used that brand.) Not sure about after amd bought them out, but ati always ran on the hot side....also their driver updates and support isnt as consistant as nvidia (in my opinion)