Sign in with
Your question
Closed

[ASK] What if i use FX 4100 for this GPU?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 7, 2011 9:47:10 AM

What if i use AMD FX 4100 with GTX560? will it bottleneck? thanks in advance

More about : 4100 gpu

a b U Graphics card
December 7, 2011 9:53:46 AM

no bottleneck you should be fine.:) 
Score
December 7, 2011 9:59:05 AM

pro-gamer said:
no bottleneck you should be fine.:) 

thanks for the answer, but how do i know some procie will bottleneck a certain GPU or not?

what do i need to look 1st to find it out? how do i do that?
Score
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
December 7, 2011 10:11:06 AM

didhot123 said:
thanks for the answer, but how do i know some procie will bottleneck a certain GPU or not?

what do i need to look 1st to find it out? how do i do that?

good question?

1.look at the frequency and technology of the processors if the processor has frequency lower like CORE 2 QUAD Q6600 2.4ghz a quad core which can't overclock very well and with old technology and you want to fit a latest gpu like GTX 570ti or HD 6950
so the cpu will bottleneck these cards cause cpu does not have too much power to feed high graphics card.
similarly if you are using a core i7 9xx and using an old gpu such as 8800gt or hd 3850 then these card's will bottleneck your cpu.

your current cpu has much power it is 3.6ghz too good.

Score
December 7, 2011 10:23:11 AM

pro-gamer said:
good question?

1.look at the frequency and technology of the processors if the processor has frequency lower like CORE 2 QUAD Q6600 2.4ghz a quad core which can't overclock very well and with old technology and you want to fit a latest gpu like GTX 570ti or HD 6950
so the cpu will bottleneck these cards cause cpu does not have too much power to feed high graphics card.
similarly if you are using a core i7 9xx and using an old gpu such as 8800gt or hd 3850 then these card's will bottleneck your cpu.

your current cpu has much power it is 3.6ghz too good.

oh, so i need to look at the frequency and the chipset 1st..okay2..thanks

and, honestly, i didn't own FX 4100..my current processor is AMD Athlon II X4 635 :na:  i'm asking this question only to make sure that my "future" processor will have no performance prolblems with the GPU hehe

and actually, GTX560 was just a future plan..for now i just ask and ask more questions just to make sure i wont made a mistake..

and one more question: will my current processor bottleneck GTX560? thanks beforehand
Score

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
December 7, 2011 10:40:04 AM

yes, these are things which can prevent you from bottleneck,

and yes your cpu can bottleneck the card but not too much in some games your performance will be not good and many of games you will see a tremendous performance.
December 7, 2011 11:14:02 AM

pro-gamer said:
yes, these are things which can prevent you from bottleneck,

and yes your cpu can bottleneck the card but not too much in some games your performance will be not good and many of games you will see a tremendous performance.

wow, this oughta be good..

but do you think there will be not much differences with the performance between using my current processor with FX 4100?

but i wont doubt the tremendoues performance in gaming..thanks for all the answers :D 
Score
a c 173 U Graphics card
a b À AMD
December 7, 2011 11:37:19 AM

Uhmmm, no. Frequency is but one part of the equation. Cores, IPC,
interconnect frequencies, etc all play a part as well. There is no real way to spot a bottleneck. The best thing to do is read a lot of reviews. From there you can learn to spot them.

Quote:
do you think there will be not much differences with the performance between using my current processor with FX 4100?

Not so much. The 635 should perform like the 3850 in these charts.

http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1766/12/

As you can see, not much difference.
Score
December 7, 2011 11:46:45 AM

4745454b said:
Uhmmm, no. Frequency is but one part of the equation. Cores, IPC,
interconnect frequencies, etc all play a part as well. There is no real way to spot a bottleneck. The best thing to do is read a lot of reviews. From there you can learn to spot them.

Quote:
do you think there will be not much differences with the performance between using my current processor with FX 4100?

Not so much. The 635 should perform like the 3850 in these charts.

http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1766/12/

As you can see, not much difference.

oh i see..need to learn alot..but idk..i think i can spot a bottleneck using my computer instinct lol - same as my GPU instinct, i got an Enthusiast badge for that lol :na: 

thanks alot..
Score
December 7, 2011 11:47:17 AM

Best answer selected by didhot123.
Score
!