Brand new build..not working!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scor81

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2011
Hey guys..

I just picked up my new gaming pc... Got it home real excited.. Plugged it in... And it doesn't work!

Basically it's all set up right, and the monitor just says dvi-d power saving mode, then just goes black and nothing more happens. I'm using dvi, I've tried both dvi ports on the gfx card.. And I can't test hdmi as I've just discovered that due to my case (cooler master storm enforcer) the hdmi connection doesn't fit into the gfx card. Not happy. The thing is.. They were testing it about an hour before I picked it up. I dont know what's going wrong here. Monitor is LG 24 led.

Any ideas ?

Solution

Just to confirm, When you say it doesn't work right, do you mean it doesn't power on, or it does power on and there just no...

nao1120

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2009

Just to confirm, When you say it doesn't work right, do you mean it doesn't power on, or it does power on and there just no video? Does the tower post, ie: makes a beep noise when powered on?

Try another DVI cable perhaps?

The only way you can confirm if the video card is bad or monitor, is if you have a spare monitor to test with. If not, look to the below comment.
Since you mentioned you "picked" it up at a store I'm assuming that they built it for you. Make them fix it. Take in your monitor even with the tower, and explain to them its not getting video.

Maybe call them ahead of time to save time at the counter, etc.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS