Widescreen or 4:3 ?

I got a new job, i want a TV. I love madden 2006 and watching pro
football. I want HDTV but theres not many channels available. I dont
know if i should get a 26" widescreen or something like a 30" 4:3.
Please give me advice.

Cyrus

In article <nbqTe.11261$p_1.2867@tornado.tampabay.rr.com>,
reggie white <reggie@white.com> wrote:

> I got a new job, i want a TV. I love madden 2006 and watching pro
> football. I want HDTV but theres not many channels available. I dont
> know if i should get a 26" widescreen or something like a 30" 4:3.
> Please give me advice.

ps3 has dual HD channels. I say get 2.

What I'm still wondering is how those two channels will be dealt with.
Co-op/sports games with one's own monitor? Finally.

--
Cyrus

*coughcasaucedoprodigynetcough*

reggie white wrote:
> I got a new job, i want a TV. I love madden 2006 and watching pro
> football. I want HDTV but theres not many channels available. I dont
> know if i should get a 26" widescreen or something like a 30" 4:3.
> Please give me advice.

Widescreen, even without access to HDTV, is useful for watching
theatrical movies. Perhaps you don't feel the same, but I greatly
prefer to see a film in its original format.

"Grinder" <grinder@no.spam.maam.com> wrote in message
> reggie white wrote:
>> I got a new job, i want a TV. I love madden 2006 and watching pro
>> football. I want HDTV but theres not many channels available. I dont know
>> if i should get a 26" widescreen or something like a 30" 4:3. Please give
>> me advice.
>
> Widescreen, even without access to HDTV, is useful for watching theatrical
> movies. Perhaps you don't feel the same, but I greatly prefer to see a
> film in its original format.

I forget what the exact mandate is, but all television stations will
eventually be broadcasting in HD all the time.

Television manufacturers have been told by the FCC to phase out Standard
televisions by 2007. after taht you'll be hard pressed to buy a standard
television.

You will regret it if you get a 4:3 HDTV. You can already watch all your
DVDs in 480p and widescreen. My cable company already has about 20 HDTV
channels, check with yours. Don't forget that many games already support
widescreen and some Xbox games already support HDTV. You can find out much
more at www.hdtvarcade.com

"Ollie T" <hello@hello.com> wrote in message

> "reggie white" <reggie@white.com> wrote in message
>>I got a new job, i want a TV. I love madden 2006 and watching pro
>>football. I want HDTV but theres not many channels available. I dont know
>>if i should get a 26" widescreen or something like a 30" 4:3. Please give
>>me advice.

> You will regret it if you get a 4:3 HDTV. You can already watch all your
> DVDs in 480p and widescreen. My cable company already has about 20 HDTV
> channels, check with yours. Don't forget that many games already support
> widescreen and some Xbox games already support HDTV. You can find out
> much more at www.hdtvarcade.com

YHBT

"Brenden D. Chase" <brenden.chaseREMOVE@THISgmail.com> wrote in message

> "Grinder" <grinder@no.spam.maam.com> wrote in message
>> reggie white wrote:
>>> I got a new job, i want a TV. I love madden 2006 and watching pro
>>> football. I want HDTV but theres not many channels available. I dont
>>> know if i should get a 26" widescreen or something like a 30" 4:3.
>>> Please give me advice.
>>
>> Widescreen, even without access to HDTV, is useful for watching
>> theatrical movies. Perhaps you don't feel the same, but I greatly prefer
>> to see a film in its original format.
>
> I forget what the exact mandate is, but all television stations will
> eventually be broadcasting in HD all the time.

Digital, but not required to be HD. This of course only applies to
over-the-airwaves broadcasts. Cable and satellite viewers will be
unaffected.

reggie white wrote:
> I got a new job, i want a TV. I love madden 2006 and watching pro
> football. I want HDTV but theres not many channels available. I dont
> know if i should get a 26" widescreen or something like a 30" 4:3.
> Please give me advice.

Ok, I'm going to give you advice.
I know you think I'm a big troll and an idiot so you probably won't
listen to me. I'm going to turn off my trolling and be honest for a moment.

For games there is no better TV than a CRT Sony Wega.
The best deal I can think of would be:

30" Widescreen FD Trinitron® WEGA® HDTV KD-30XS955
Cost: $900 - $1,200

It has a SuperFine Pitch Screen, a built in Upconverter for taking 480i
content to 960i, and HDMI inputs for accepting signals up to 720p.

The 720p signals are converted to 1080i or can be downconverted to 480p.

It also has two comonent inputs so you can get component signals from
other sources too.

It has 4 different zoom modes so even 4:3 signals will work just fine on
the set.

Once you get the TV you will need to calibrate it. You should calibrate
every TV you ever buy to be honest, but most people don't bother doing
this because they either bought a TV that can't be calibrated or they
are stupid.

Wega TV's are pretty easy to calibrate via the remote control.
You just need to learn a few of the service menu commands for setting
geometry, black level, white level, vertical and horizontal positioning
and sizing, disabling Velocity Scan Modulation, and adjusting Red Push.

You need to purchase the Digital Video Essentials DVD that comes with a
blue filter for adjusting colors.

* The combination of the SuperFine Pitch Screen, Amazing Color
Seperation, and Trinitron Tube Technology, make this TV the better TV.
Even if another brand does 1080p, it won't beat the 720p/1080i Sony.

KillzoneBigNuts2 wrote:
Ohh, it does accepts 1080i too, I believe.

"KillzoneBigNuts2" <bignuts@msn.com> wrote in message
> KillzoneBigNuts2 wrote:
> Ohh, it does accepts 1080i too, I believe.

yep... i bought a 4:3 32" Sony XBR right before they started selling the
widescreens... and let me tell you... i wish i had waited. The super fine
pitch makes all the difference in the world. and everything is going
widescreen... so its definitely the way to go.

TRENDING THREADS