UnluckyXIII

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2012
After getting the Creative Sound Blaster Fatal1ty Recon 3D Champion sound card this week and finding that the front drive doesn't fit flush, or attach in anyway to my Corsair Obsidian 650D I'm going to have to return it and order a different sound card. I'm looking for something that supports DDL 5.1 via Optical input for use with my Astro A40's. If anyone could recommend me a good card it would be much appreciated :)

alexinnes

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
Have a look at the Asus Xonar series. They are fantastic cards that can output in 5.1. I am not sure about the use with Astro A40 but i am sure it would work.

UnluckyXIII

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2012

Ok, so the Asus Xonar DX seems nice and at a good price but am I reading things right in that it requires a power cable to use it?? Also is the Optical adapter any good?

The DX requires a floppy power connector. Most all PSU's still come with one.

The Optical connector is plugged into the digital output [native Coaxial]. Its a flimsy $1 piece of plastic, but it works surprisingly well; I never had a problem when I used it on my Xonar D2.

UnluckyXIII

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2012
Oooooo a floppy power connector...... thats one ugly looking connector thats going to sit directly in the middle of my motherboard//case window and look really out of place when the rest of my computer is pretty much cable free on the main motherboard side. TBH the extra power cable could be a deal breaker.