Sign in with
Your question

PC Won't Boot, Fans turn on and off....

Last response: in Systems
February 6, 2012 1:47:45 PM

Hey Everyone,

Thanks to everyone's help on this forum, I was able to get my PC up and running. However, I have now run into an issue and have no idea what it might be. I finally built a new computer desk to put my PC on. When I went to move my PC to this desk, I plugged it in and it wouldn't come on. The "Activity" light on the front blinked red for a second and the case fan went for less then a millisecond then stopped.

I have since then pulled the system out of the case and sat it on the Mother Board box to try and diagnose the problem. I first started with the GPU, 1 stick of RAM, and CPU connected. The same problem occurred (All fans repeatedly went on and off). I then tried the CPU and PSU alone, same exact problem. I have also reset the CMOS, same problem. The specs of my PC are:

CPU: i5-2500k
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68AP-D3
RAM - GSkill Rip Jaws 4GBX2
PSU: Antec BP550
Graphics Card: Sapphire Radeon 6950 2GB
Monitor: Samsung SynchMaster E2420

Thanks again everyone!

More about : boot fans turn

a c 78 B Homebuilt system
February 6, 2012 5:09:45 PM

How long was this working if it ever worked?

Did this computer get dropped during the change over process?

Try pushing in the RAM harder.
m
l
Related resources
February 6, 2012 6:01:51 PM

Maybe it's your PSU.
m
l
February 6, 2012 8:18:23 PM

I took the build outside of the casing and started just with the CPU, Heatsink and PSU to see if it was that. Same issue...

I also performed the paperclip test and the PSU fans ran fine, could it be the Motherboard then?

Thanks for the checklist. I have followed that as well.
m
l
!