Sign in with
Your question

Sound card upgrade (From sound blaster)

Last response: in Components
May 22, 2012 8:24:22 PM

Hello
I currently have an X-fi sound blaster xtreme gamer Fatal1ty pro (wow thats a long name) and am wondering if there is a worthy upgrade for this aging sound card out there

PS:Gamecom 777 is my headset
May 22, 2012 9:36:16 PM

Depends, I've stuck with my Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum for awhile because it does everything I need it to, 24-bit/192KHz playback and great sound quality.
May 25, 2012 6:43:20 AM

This is mine:

This package is called the Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro but the Sound card is the X-fi sound blaster xtreme gamer Fatal1ty pro (same as yours) This is still a very nice card and one of the reasons I haven't retired my old Dell Dimension 4700 that I put it in. The main drawback to this (and many more recent cards) is that it's PCI which is on the way out. Other than that it still can hold it's own against many newer cards including it's successor the Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro Series PCI Express Sound Card. In fact I like it bettor than that one.

I also tried the Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD on my newer PC which I didn't like and replaced with a HT | OMEGA eClaro but if I had an available PCI slot on this PC I would have installed my Elite Pro (xtreme gamer Fatal1ty pro) IMHO it's still a great card.
!