Can't Load Windows 7 64Bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

typeo

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2008
Hey all,

I recently built a new machine and it has been working fine until today. I upgraded my video drivers to the latest that had been released and my computer stopped working. It would boot up, but then freeze if I tried to click on anything. I couldn't get to the system restore to do a rollback so I decided to reload windows.

Now I cant seem to reload windows.. I have the install disk, but when I choose which partition I want to load windows on I get this error.

"Windows cannot be installed on this disk. The selected disk has an MBR partition table. On EFI systems, windows can only be installed on GPT disks."

From the windows disk I have formatted the drive, deleted and remade the partition.. I just cant seem to get it to work. All this due to a damn driver update.. Anyways I am currently at a loss. If anybody might have a solution, or could help out I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Typeo

Solution
Ignore this post, got it to working.

For some reason my CD drive had two boot options.. A sata option and a EULI option.. Had to change it to where it would boot with the sata option to get it to work. Never seen that before..

Anyways windows seems to be installing now.

Thanks,
Typeo

typeo

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2008
Ignore this post, got it to working.

For some reason my CD drive had two boot options.. A sata option and a EULI option.. Had to change it to where it would boot with the sata option to get it to work. Never seen that before..

Anyways windows seems to be installing now.

Thanks,
Typeo

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.