Bandit Camp

I am playing Baldur's Gate and I am not sure where the Bandit camp is or
where I get the book to get back into Candlekeep

help!

"David Misner" <kidmiracleman@mtpalomar.net> wrote in message
> I am playing Baldur's Gate and I am not sure where the Bandit camp
is or
> where I get the book to get back into Candlekeep

You don't get back into Candlekeep till Chapter 6, and you get given
the book as a quest reward.

If you haven't found the Bandit Camp, you're in chapter 3, so you've a
long way to go yet.

When you completed chapter 2 and defeated Mulahey in the mines of
Nashkel, you should have *READ* the papers in his chest. These will
give you details of a contact of his, called Tranzig, in Feldepost's
Inn, Beregost. He has some papers of his own, which (1) tell you where
the Bandit Camp is, and (2) tell you the names of two areas where the
bandits are staging some operations. If you go to one of these two
areas, you may be able to negotiate with a representative to take you
directly there.

Jonathan.

Jonathan Ellis wrote:
> "David Misner" <kidmiracleman@mtpalomar.net> wrote in message
>
>>I am playing Baldur's Gate and I am not sure where the Bandit camp
>
> is or
>
>>where I get the book to get back into Candlekeep
>

> You don't get back into Candlekeep till Chapter 6, and you get given
> the book as a quest reward.
>
> If you haven't found the Bandit Camp, you're in chapter 3, so you've a
> long way to go yet.
>
> When you completed chapter 2 and defeated Mulahey in the mines of
> Nashkel, you should have *READ* the papers in his chest. These will
> give you details of a contact of his, called Tranzig, in Feldepost's
> Inn, Beregost. He has some papers of his own, which (1) tell you where
> the Bandit Camp is, and (2) tell you the names of two areas where the
> bandits are staging some operations. If you go to one of these two
> areas, you may be able to negotiate with a representative to take you
> directly there.

Thank you. Now what?? I am checking out the cloakwoods now and have
picked up a new guy hunting Wyverns. Is there anything else I need to
know? When I went to the Bandit camp and defeated the head guy I
thought that would put a stop to the bandits but it has not.

> [...]

will
> > give you details of a contact of his, called Tranzig, in
Feldepost's
> > Inn, Beregost. He has some papers of his own, which (1) tell you
where
> > the Bandit Camp is, and (2) tell you the names of two areas where
the
> > bandits are staging some operations. If you go to one of these two
> > areas, you may be able to negotiate with a representative to take
you
> > directly there.
>

> Thank you. Now what?? I am checking out the cloakwoods now and
have
> picked up a new guy hunting Wyverns. Is there anything else I need
> know? When I went to the Bandit camp and defeated the head guy I
> thought that would put a stop to the bandits but it has not.

There's plenty more of the game to go - it's 7 chapters long. You'll
still run into bandits, because there have always been and will always
be bandits in this part of the world - it's just that the bandits you
meet are no longer *organised* by whatever organisation you're messing
with. Random groups of outlaws still exist in the region, as they
always have and always will.

And the organisation that was running the bandit camps and harassing
the Nashkel miners is still in charge in a certain area in the
Cloakwood, which you have to investigate (completing this quest
finishes Chapter 4 of 7.) Beware especially, because if you run short
of supplies, even returning home to restock is not actually easy -
it's a journey of several days and many chances of ambush.

Jonathan.

> There's plenty more of the game to go - it's 7 chapters long. You'll
> still run into bandits, because there have always been and will always
> be bandits in this part of the world - it's just that the bandits you
> meet are no longer *organised* by whatever organisation you're messing
> with. Random groups of outlaws still exist in the region, as they
> always have and always will.
>
> And the organisation that was running the bandit camps and harassing
> the Nashkel miners is still in charge in a certain area in the
> Cloakwood, which you have to investigate (completing this quest
> finishes Chapter 4 of 7.) Beware especially, because if you run short
> of supplies, even returning home to restock is not actually easy -
> it's a journey of several days and many chances of ambush.

Thank you for the info

In article <dcfsg4$dmq$1@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk>,
Jonathan Ellis <jonathan@franz-liszt.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
# Beware especially, because if you run short
# of supplies, even returning home to restock is not actually easy -
# it's a journey of several days and many chances of ambush.

Yeah, hardest thing about BG1: carrying all those arrows around. In tiny
little piles of 20. Ungh.

S.

Jonathan Ellis wrote:
> And the organisation that was running the bandit camps and harassing
> the Nashkel miners is still in charge in a certain area in the
> Cloakwood, which you have to investigate (completing this quest
> finishes Chapter 4 of 7.) Beware especially, because if you run short
> of supplies, even returning home to restock is not actually easy -
> it's a journey of several days and many chances of ambush.

And really nasty ambushes at that. Since you are typically already
beaten down a little bit already, an encounter with a whole wyvern
family complete with family pets, can be pretty challenging.

I once lost virtually all my hard won gear because all but my player
character got killed by not one, but two such encounters when leaving
the mines area (ironically to raise a dead character). Ahh, good
times...

MSH

U¿ytkownik "Steven Chung" <sc1@panix.com> napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci
> In article <dcfsg4$dmq$1@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk>,
> Jonathan Ellis <jonathan@franz-liszt.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
> # Beware especially, because if you run short
> # of supplies, even returning home to restock is not actually easy -
> # it's a journey of several days and many chances of ambush.
>
> Yeah, hardest thing about BG1: carrying all those arrows around. In tiny
> little piles of 20. Ungh.
>
> S.

Yes, and for example I entered 1 cloakwood forest with something like 80
normal arrows and not less then 60 of other kinds (ice, fire, +1 and 20 of
poison arrows). When I finished last woods (before entering the mine) I had
none of normal arrows and a few others.

I had 3 attacks per round... or was it turn maybe? ;)

TRENDING THREADS