tupacalypse

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2011
alright i have a HAf922 with 2 gtx 560 now the back has removable plates and i removed all of them so air can go out from my gPUs but its also an intake in the back of my gpu's should i close them so its not sucking in hot air?? my Gpus are 27c and 25c at idle

DSCN6299.jpg

nna2

Distinguished

the current config you have (the one in the picture) looks solid

randomkid

Distinguished

It would have been easier if there are punctuation marks in the right place. Here is my guess of what you meant:

With only a single intake fan, probably your case will have negative pressure so it will suck the air from the open back which is hot because the exhaust of your CPU cooler also goes there. If your PC's back is right at the wall or enclosed, it will be worse even.

So, yes, it is better to restore the back plates & close it up so all your intake will come from the front. Looks like you put a filter at the bottom hole. It is good to prevent your PC sucking dust from the floor.

Robi_g

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2012
Put the back plates back on, but only because it will look nicer, what are load temps? I'd guess that it wouldn't make any difference whatsoever as most backplate things are meshed anyway

randomkid

Distinguished

Ah that would make the difference. But put the back plates on anyway. It is designed to be there. You have more than enough airflow & removal of the back plate wont matter much either way.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS