Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Airflow question

Tags:
  • Cooler Master
  • Gtx
  • GPUs
  • Components
Last response: in Components
Share
May 22, 2012 11:14:05 PM

alright i have a HAf922 with 2 gtx 560 now the back has removable plates and i removed all of them so air can go out from my gPUs but its also an intake in the back of my gpu's should i close them so its not sucking in hot air?? my Gpus are 27c and 25c at idle

More about : airflow question

May 23, 2012 3:39:22 AM

if their idling that cool i would leave the system as is
m
0
l
May 23, 2012 4:07:53 AM

If you mean closing off the bottom one in front of the psu and the front one, where you have blue arrows, then no. That is where cooler air is being pulled into your system
m
0
l
Related resources
May 23, 2012 4:28:50 AM

GI_JONES said:
If you mean closing off the bottom one in front of the psu and the front one, where you have blue arrows, then no. That is where cooler air is being pulled into your system


the current config you have (the one in the picture) looks solid
m
0
l
May 23, 2012 5:34:12 AM

tupacalypse said:
alright i have a HAf922 with 2 gtx 560 now the back has removable plates and i removed all of them so air can go out from my gPUs but its also an intake in the back of my gpu's should i close them so its not sucking in hot air?? my Gpus are 27c and 25c at idle
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l267/Scarface67898/DSCN6299.jpg

It would have been easier if there are punctuation marks in the right place. Here is my guess of what you meant:
tupacalypse said:
alright i have a HAf922 with 2 gtx 560. now the back has removable plates and i removed all of them so air can go out from my gPUs but its also an intake in the back of my gpu's. should i close them so its not sucking in hot air?? my Gpus are 27c and 25c at idle
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l267/Scarface67898/DSCN6299.jpg

With only a single intake fan, probably your case will have negative pressure so it will suck the air from the open back which is hot because the exhaust of your CPU cooler also goes there. If your PC's back is right at the wall or enclosed, it will be worse even.

So, yes, it is better to restore the back plates & close it up so all your intake will come from the front. Looks like you put a filter at the bottom hole. It is good to prevent your PC sucking dust from the floor.
m
0
l
May 23, 2012 4:18:12 PM

I have 2 intakes one in the front , and one 120mm on the side to push n air toward my gpus and its about 3 feet away from the wall ...

m
0
l
May 23, 2012 4:54:18 PM

Put the back plates back on, but only because it will look nicer, what are load temps? I'd guess that it wouldn't make any difference whatsoever as most backplate things are meshed anyway
m
0
l
May 23, 2012 4:58:08 PM

i dont get over 65c in Skyrim,MW3 BF3 etc...
m
0
l
May 23, 2012 5:04:41 PM

and my back plates are solid metal
m
0
l

Best solution

May 24, 2012 1:47:23 AM

tupacalypse said:
I have 2 intakes one in the front , and one 120mm on the side to push n air toward my gpus and its about 3 feet away from the wall ...

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l267/Scarface67898/DSCN6300-1.jpg

Ah that would make the difference. But put the back plates on anyway. It is designed to be there. You have more than enough airflow & removal of the back plate wont matter much either way.
Share
June 18, 2012 8:38:03 PM

Best answer selected by tupacalypse.
m
0
l
!