Sign in with
Your question

Dell XPS 8300 clicking help?

Last response: in Systems
February 6, 2012 8:04:21 PM

I recently got my new Dell XPS 8300. So far it is a good computer, except there is one problem. There is occasionally a clicking sound that keeps coming out of the computer, and I do not know what it is coming from. It sounds like it is coming more from the lower back of the case, but I'm not sure.

Does anybody have any idea what it could be? Could it be the power supply fan or something along those lines? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Now that I heard again, it is more of a static sound almost? Not really sure what can be causing this still. Any help is appreciated guys :hello: 

More about : dell xps 8300 clicking

February 7, 2012 8:15:47 AM

It could be something stuck in a Fan or possibly the sound of your Hard drive.
m
l
February 7, 2012 10:34:18 AM

brythespy said:
It could be something stuck in a Fan or possibly the sound of your Hard drive.

Maybe something stuck in a fan, but I don't think this is a normal sound for a hard drive.
m
l
Related resources
May 2, 2012 4:36:02 AM

Hi Refugee,

Did you ever find out what the problem was? I just received my XPS 8300 a week ago and I hear the same noise...once in a while.

m
l
June 8, 2012 9:30:27 PM

The Refugee said:
I recently got my new Dell XPS 8300. So far it is a good computer, except there is one problem. There is occasionally a clicking sound that keeps coming out of the computer, and I do not know what it is coming from. It sounds like it is coming more from the lower back of the case, but I'm not sure.

Does anybody have any idea what it could be? Could it be the power supply fan or something along those lines? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Now that I heard again, it is more of a static sound almost? Not really sure what can be causing this still. Any help is appreciated guys :hello: 

Did you find the source of the clicking sound?

I bought my xps 8300 from Costco and I have the same problem - originally it was a click periodically, but now sometimes it's 2 clicking sounds in a row with 1 sec between them like switching on and off. It doesn't sound like fan or disk. May be a switch in the power supply?
Any other similar experiences and/or solutions?

Melom
m
l
!