All options in display properties gone except themes

September 21, 2004 7:09:47 AM

When I open the display properties dialog box, either
from right clicking the desktop or from the control
panel, all tabs for changing the screen saver,
appearance, effects etc are gone, and the only option
that is displayed is the themes screen. Does anyone know
where it went?
Anonymous
September 21, 2004 1:22:53 PM

Tim wrote:
> When I open the display properties dialog box, either
> from right clicking the desktop or from the control
> panel, all tabs for changing the screen saver,
> appearance, effects etc are gone, and the only option
> that is displayed is the themes screen. Does anyone know
> where it went?

Go to MVP Kelly's website and look on Line 285, right side. Click the
"Restore all display tabs" link to download the registry file. Double click
the file and confirm the merge action.

Troubleshooting Windows XP, Tweaks and Fixes for Windows XP:

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP
Windows Shell/User
!