Problem while WOW gaming on new prebuilt

dootinbob

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2012
I bought my daughter a $500.00 walmart ibuypower computer for xmas, amd cpu/8gb ram/seagate hd/ nvdia 520 card. Recently while playing wow the game freezes and audio skips in a loop. Prior to this happening, I hear a "chirp" from the hard drive and it appears to be related. Computer played fine for a month so i dont think its heat related. I also downloded recent drivers from nvidia site. Any ideas! Thx all.

HugoStiglitz

Distinguished
could very well be a HDD issue.

if you have a spare HDD, clone her drive to the spare and run with it for a while.

Also the system would benifit from a graphics card upgrade. the Nvidia 520 graphics card is about as basic as it gets.

dootinbob

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2012

thx for reply

zolton33

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2012
Have you looked at updating your other drivers like your motherboard and hdd? Also are there other programs running in the back ground that could be conflicting or slowing down the game play? And do you have a malware program and antivirus both on the pc for protection? (silly questions i know but you'd be surprised lol)

zolton33

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2012
It is best to have not only a good anti virus program (which there are free ones out there) But to also to have a malware program (again there are free ones out there) as well to detect dialers bots trojans and such that anti virus protection can miss at times. Not using one you could have all kinds of programs running in the back ground you have no knowledge of.

zolton33

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2012
Spy bot search and destroy is good. Malwarebytes is another (although malwarebytes only gives you so many days of free trial) I like spybot search and destroy for its added function (you have to enable the advanced options for it) to stop or allow programs from starting when you restart or start up your pc. There is a list here :

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/242173-49-free-software-links-updated-2012

Of many free programs for just about everything lol.