Sign in with
Your question

Gt 520,best low-end level card.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 8, 2011 3:16:33 AM

Hi,guys.
simply i need to which is the brand i should for gt 520.
In my country,only this card are available.:

Galaxy,Msi,leadtek and gigabyte.

Price wise all is same.

But quality wise gigabyte looks more promising.
Cooler wise leadtek and galaxy looks promising.
Popular brand are msi and gigabyte.
but gigabyte cooler looks junk.
Msi's board looks like junk,found only bad reviews abt it on newegg.

So,which board will be good.

More about : 520 low end level card

a c 191 U Graphics card
December 8, 2011 3:20:26 AM

To be quite honest, the Nvidia GT520 really really.......um........sucks. I guess if it the only one available in your country though, you don't have much of a choice. At that pricepoint, honestly, I would go for whatever one is cheapest.

I wouldn't worry about cooling much, unless you live somewhere where it is really hot year round. The GT520 is not that powerful, and no power=no heat.
m
l
a c 171 U Graphics card
December 8, 2011 5:10:21 AM

if your planning to play games, the gt520 doesn't cut it. you will only be able to play older less graphically demanding games. http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Zotac/GeForce_GT_520... crysis will not be playable on the lowest settings. something like far cry 2 may be playable on low settings http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Zotac/GeForce_GT_520... I suggest you pick a different card. the links i provided you with show a host of more powerful budget cards.
m
l
Related resources
December 8, 2011 5:26:42 AM

yup,i know it's not a gamin card,i just want to have replacement for my intel gma 3100 while i upgrade my whole setup
next year(time when ivy bridge and nvidia 6xx series to be released).

For now,used it for videos,browser acceleration,and little gaming(some low-end games like modern warfare 2@1440 x 900)

I'm living in hot country so,i need a good cooler,and i'll be running my computer for 24/7 operation.
So,which u guys will choose????
m
l
a b U Graphics card
December 8, 2011 5:37:42 AM

Just get whichever one (with dynamic cooling) is cheapest where you live.
m
l
a c 175 U Graphics card
December 8, 2011 6:27:27 AM

the run said:
yup,i know it's not a gamin card,i just want to have replacement for my intel gma 3100 while i upgrade my whole setup
next year(time when ivy bridge and nvidia 6xx series to be released).

For now,used it for videos,browser acceleration,and little gaming(some low-end games like modern warfare 2@1440 x 900)

I'm living in hot country so,i need a good cooler,and i'll be running my computer for 24/7 operation.
So,which u guys will choose????

where are you from? I recommend gigabyte. And the cooler isn't junk. It only don't have fans. (passive cooling)
m
l
December 8, 2011 8:02:50 AM

i'm Malaysia.
Emm,why not the msi??
Coz the gigabyte have lower memory clock than the default based on nvidia' website.
so........
m
l
a c 175 U Graphics card
December 8, 2011 9:47:45 AM

the run said:
i'm Malaysia.
Emm,why not the msi??
Coz the gigabyte have lower memory clock than the default based on nvidia' website.
so........

Because you said it is junk and receive bad review in your country. And in raining season it is not that hot. It is just around 25 degrees out there. So Gigabyte.
m
l
!