Closed Solved

Wattage balance

Trying to get the right amount of wattage for a set up. Don't plan on overclocking off the bat but have the pieces for future over clocking. Here's the specs I'm working with

EVGA GTX 560 448 classified
Asus P8Z68 V-LE
Seasonic M12 620W
Intel i5 2500k 
OCZ Vertex3 120GB 
Corsair vengeance 8Gb Ram
Western Digital Blue 500GB
Samsung CD burner 
Cooler master hyper 212 plus 

Was wondering if I can get away with a 620w power supply
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about wattage balance
  1. Best answer
    It will be fine, assuming you don't add a second video card in. In that case you would want to look at a higher wattage power supply. You should be fine on overclocking with your current setup too. Looks good to me!
  2. No plans on sli till probably next year and by then I'll be able to just upgrade PSU and buy second graphics card. But for now just want overclocking enough wattage. I am getting a fan controller and 4 fans but I read those don't take that much juice so I didn't add them to my specs
  3. NewbiePcgamer84 said:
    No plans on sli till probably next year and by then I'll be able to just upgrade PSU and buy second graphics card. But for now just want overclocking enough wattage. I am getting a fan controller and 4 fans but I read those don't take that much juice so I didn't add them to my specs

Yeah, with the power consumption that rig will use, even overclocked, 620w will definitely do it for you.
  4. As long as it's a quality 620w unit you will be fine. If it's a junk brand that really puts out 450w then you might be pushing it. What power supply is it?
  5. It's a Seasonic M12 620W modular 80Plus bronze
  6. That is a great PSU. Should last you the life of the computer.
  7. ^ +1

Great PSU.
  8. Best answer selected by NewbiePcgamer84.
  9. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems