Video card

Christa Jones

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2011
If you are asking for gaming purpose, then the GT 530 is very bad and is certainly too slow to make full use of 2GB. Also it can't run modern games at high resolutions with good performance. The 8800GT is still better than GT 530. Though the 8800GT doesn't have DX11 support. But the GT 530 is really very slow. So the 8800GT is far better gaming card. But then you have to check the compatibility of the video card with your system hardware. In that case, this site would help you. http://www.loci.wisc.edu/visbio/video-card-compatibility

Like Christa Jones said above, the GT530 is, honestly, garbage. I believe the real question here is if the car will run on your computer.

What kind of computer do you have? Is it a computer from like HP or Dell? or did you build it yourself? I suppose you could not look at the power supply for us here at Tom's could ya?

xps1234

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2011

I recently purchased a dell xps i7 came with gt 530. I was wondering if i should swap out the gt530 for my old 8800 gt.
Thanks alot for all these useful answer guys.

The 8800GT will do you much better than the 530, its just that I am not sure of the power supply rating. If it is 300W it is more worth it to keep the GT530 in there unless you know how to change a power supply pretty well. If not, then just leave it as is. Most likely that computer will have a PSU of more than 300W, since it is an XPS, therefore the 8800GT would be a much nicer card than the 530.