Sign in with
Your question

DOES ONE ROUTER CAN BE USED FOR STATIC IP CONFIGURATION ON SERVER AND DISTRIBUTI

Last response: in Networking
February 25, 2011 4:54:35 AM

Hello,
I HAVE A LEASE LINE CONNECTION IN MY OFFICE. NOW I HAVE TO CONFIGURE A SQL SERVER MY SOFTWARE VENDOR REQUIRED FOR STATIC IP. HE TOLD THAT A SEPARATE DEDICATED LINE WILL REQUIRED FOR THE SAME. NOW MY LEASE LINE VENDOR HAS SUJJESTED THEY CAN INCREASE THE BANDWIDTH AND GIVE A SEPERATE LINE FROM ROUTER TO THE SERVER AND CONFIGURE THE ROUTER SUCH THE THE INCREASED BAND WIDTH WILL USED ONLY BY SERVER AND NOT BY THE OTHERS. ARE THIS TYPE OF CONFIGURATIONS POSSIBLE?
IF YES ARE THEY SUCCESFUL WITH Sql SERVERS.
February 25, 2011 11:02:33 AM

Ok, I'll bite.

Firstly a lesson in 'net etiquette: A post in all capital letters is read as yelling, talking loudly and RUDE. <stepping down from my soap box>

The configuration you laid out is possible as suggested. The increased bandwidth can be configured to one specific section of your network, or a specific computer.

I don't have any experience with SQL directly, but if you need dedicated bandwidth to such a server then it will work. The type of server doesn't matter, it could be an SQL server, e-mail, web, etc. It will use that bandwidth for its assigned tasks. If the bandwidth and configuration meet your requirements, then hurrah!
m
l
February 26, 2011 3:26:00 AM

Hello Sir,

First of all I am sorry for my mistake. and obliged to you for replying me.

Thanks and Regards
Vishal
m
l
February 26, 2011 5:41:38 PM

Not a problem - Good luck
m
l
Related resources
!