Sign in with
Your question

Which's KEY? MoBo vs CPU vs GPU!

Last response: in Systems
February 7, 2012 1:45:24 AM

Which's key for a better general performance, between the MoBo, the CPU and the GPU? Which i should priorize? So, i have a limited budget, it doesn't really matter. I'm building a PC mainly for working with design and some gaming and looking to work easy 4 years and looking for future upgrade. I don't plan on doing OC (at least for now, unless you tell me) The pc it's like this:

HDD: 1TB Sata3 WD Caviar Black (don't plan to change it)

RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4GB 1600Mhz 1.5V CL9 (don't plan to change it)

CPU: option 1: i5@2500k vs option 2 (best): i7@2600k (if i put the i7, i can't put NEITHER of the VGA & GPU BEST options.)

GPU: option 1: HD 6770 vs option 2 (best): HD 6850 (if i put the 6850, i can't put the i7@2600k)

MOBO: option 1: ASUS P8P67-M vs option 2 (best): GA-Z68X-UD3H-3B or ASRock Extreme3 (if i put the Z68X, i can't put the i7)

So, basically, out of the suggested, what's the best combination? It's the Z68X a deal breaker vs the Asus P8P67 and not that much in the case of i5 and i7? What about the 6770 vs the 6850?

And lastly, what about the PSU? Which are the reccomended brands? I can get one of these in here: Sentey, Cooler Master, Antec, Thermaltake, Topower, Corsair (but Corsair is a little more expensive) How much Watts? It's better a case with or without case included?

Case: Which are the recomended brands? i can get one of these for the case: Sentey, Termaltake, Cooler Master, Antec Sonata Proto ATX, Six Hundred AP Dock Station, Nine Hundred two Gamer, DF-30 ATX, Lian-Li Mid Tower, etc)

Thanks a lot, i appreciate the feedback!

More about : key mobo cpu gpu

February 7, 2012 1:52:53 AM

What is your budget?
Related resources
February 7, 2012 2:00:03 AM

Let's say it's around 800, but i'm from Brasil, and prices here are about the double than in USA or newegg, for example and i5 that cost 125 would cost around 200, so it's difficult to take that into account, that's why i put the options things :p 
February 7, 2012 2:05:10 AM

samdsox said:
gpu -6870 if you can aford it- heres the cheapest one around http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

mobo- asrock extreme 3 gen 3

cpu- i5 2500k (if you did i7 your gpu would be a bottle neck)

case- i reallly like my nzxt gama classic

So, you're suggesting that best gpu + mobo it's better than best cpu... for the MB, i'm deciding between the ASRock and the Giga Z68X UD3H.
!