How many Watts ?

Vwees

Honorable
May 23, 2012
Hey everyone , I'm not sure how many Watts I need for the build of my pc, this is my build :

GPU AMD FX-4100 Black Edition 3,4 GHz
Graphic card Sapphire HD 7770 GHz Edition 1GB GDDR5
harddisk Seagate Barracuda ST31000524AS, 1TB
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3
Memory Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9
Dvd Lite-On IHAS124 Zwart
MS-Tech CA-0210

I also have 4 fans , I thought I needed 500W or 600W but I'm not sure, any advice ?

Vwees

Honorable
May 23, 2012

So A Corsair 500W should be pefectly fine ?
Thanks for helping out, I just wanted to be sure, this is the first time I make my own build and from the start I constantly heard the Power supply was really important :)

How set are you on keeping the FX-4100 in your parts list?
We pretty much like the near same priced Phenom II X4 965 a lot better.

Here is a Step-by-Step Guide to Building a PC

Look over the forum's "System won't boot" checklist to see some of the common build errors and how to avoid them.

-> The usual advice; read the manual / install guide; look at the parts, read the manual again and if everything makes sense and looks right - then go ahead with the install.

While you're waiting for delivery you can download the online version of the motherboard manual and start getting familiar with it. Same for the other parts you want to order if they have install guides or manuals available.

Vwees

Honorable
May 23, 2012
O my mistake , the CPU was the old one , I already replaced it for the Phenom II X4 965. I just made the list in a file and I also did everything in my inventory on tweakers , unfortunately I forgot to change the CPU in my notes haha. Thanks for the advice, good to know that you advice the samen CPU as I had in the end :)