Add Programs To AutoPlay

louise

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2003

I recently installed Windows XP Service Pack 2. Now when
I open Windows Explorer and insert a CD or plug in a
camera, one of my AutoPlay options is no longer
available - it's a program (Olympus Viewer) that I use to
download certain types of photographs.
I know the AutoPlay tab is shown in properties for each
drive letter -- but I don't know how to add a program to
the AutoPlay options.
I would appreciate it if someone could advise how to make
changes to the AutoPlay options.
Thanks.
Louise

Hi Louise,

You may try to re-install the program, which may put the autoplay handlers back in the registry again.

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Louise" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0c9501c49ff9$49418400$a601280a@phx.gbl...
>I recently installed Windows XP Service Pack 2. Now when
> I open Windows Explorer and insert a CD or plug in a
> camera, one of my AutoPlay options is no longer
> available - it's a program (Olympus Viewer) that I use to
> download certain types of photographs.
> I know the AutoPlay tab is shown in properties for each
> drive letter -- but I don't know how to add a program to
> the AutoPlay options.
> I would appreciate it if someone could advise how to make
> changes to the AutoPlay options.
> Thanks.
> Louise

kelly

Hi Louise,

TweakUI/My Computer/AutoPlay/Handlers/Add....

More info here:

Why doesn't AutoPlay work?

All the Best,
Kelly