Free SMS from your desktop (500+/month)

Archived from groups: uk.telecom.mobile,alt.cellular.gsm,alt.consumers.uk-freebies,alt.comp.freeware (More info?)

Hi all,

I've written an application that will allow you to send free text
messages to your friends and family from your computer.

How it works is that it acts as a standard interface to other free SMS
gateway providers out there. You can send messages to multiple people,
split long messages over multiple SMS', manage your contacts and
message quotas and much more.

If you already use eGenie (which I also developed) then I would advise
you to try out this application as it is substantially better.

Best of all the application is totally free and a lot of the providers
supply free text messages. It has been worked out that, at the moment,
if you subscribed to all of the free services, this would give you over
500 free messages a month - which isn't bad really!

Details, screenshots and downloads are at http://www.mercury.uk.net/

I'm interested in hearing feedback from you including bugs and
suggestions for improvement. In addition, any recommendations where I
can get the application reviewed would be appreciated.
Regards,

Richard.
31 answers Last reply
More about free desktop month
  1. Archived from groups: uk.telecom.mobile,alt.cellular.gsm,alt.consumers.uk-freebies,alt.comp.freeware (More info?)

    Geoff Winkless wrote:
    > Richard wrote:
    > > I'm interested in hearing feedback from you including bugs and
    > > suggestions for improvement. In addition, any recommendations where
    > > can get the application reviewed would be appreciated.
    >
    > PocketPC and Symbian versions would be cool :)

    Funnily enough I am looking at a PocketPC and Linux version. Can't
    promise anything right now though ...

    Richard
  2. Archived from groups: uk.telecom.mobile,alt.cellular.gsm,alt.consumers.uk-freebies,alt.comp.freeware (More info?)

    Rev John wrote:
    > "Richard" <richard.lawrence@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi all,
    >
    > Hi Richard, whats is is-qoog7.exe for that wants to run at windows
    start up?

    I have no idea, not something to do with Mercury I'm afraid.
    Regards,

    Richard.
  3. Archived from groups: uk.telecom.mobile,alt.cellular.gsm,alt.consumers.uk-freebies,alt.comp.freeware (More info?)

    Me, Myself wrote:
    > Hi there, have downloaded and installed it, couple of quick queries
    tho, you
    > mention 500+ a month free sms, where can I get those, the most I have
    seen
    > is 300 through 118, the orange site does not seem to contain any free
    sms,
    > although am EXTREMELY greatful, even with just 10 a day, thats 30
    quid a
    > month saving!!

    I took a little bit of a liberty and added up each of the ones that
    gave you free SMS so:

    o2 = 10/month
    sms.ac = 8/day = 240/month
    118888 = 10/day = 300/month
    orange = 30/month

    total = 10+240+300+30 = 580/month
    (assuming average of 30 days per month and rounded down for good
    measure)

    I also plan to add fonetastic and a couple of others in the coming
    weeks which will increase this number even more.

    > Secondly this qoog7.exe you said in another post you dont know about
    it,
    > but you said here you wrote it, confused lol, but I dont know the
    first
    > thing about programming, all I am concerned is programs on my pc !

    I wrote Mercury but not qoog7.exe. I have no idea what the qoog7.exe
    application is all about I'm afriad. The installer I provide on my site
    doesn't contain that file at all.
    Hope that clarifies things,

    Regards,

    Richard.
  4. Archived from groups: uk.telecom.mobile,alt.cellular.gsm,alt.consumers.uk-freebies,alt.comp.freeware (More info?)

    Tony Sutton wrote:
    > "Richard" <richard.lawrence@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Best of all the application is totally free and a lot of the
    providers
    > > supply free text messages. It has been worked out that, at the
    moment,
    > > if you subscribed to all of the free services, this would give you
    over
    > > 500 free messages a month - which isn't bad really!
    > >

    > Can the 'From' line be edited to include my number so they can reply
    to my
    > phone?

    It depends on the SMS gateway you are using.

    Generally though, free gateways don't give you this ability. This is
    not a Mercury limitation, if I could make them replyable, then I would.

    Regards,
    Richard.

    ps. VGSMail and Kapow! are replyable - but they cost.
  5. Archived from groups: uk.telecom.mobile,alt.cellular.gsm,alt.consumers.uk-freebies,alt.comp.freeware (More info?)

    Richard wrote:
    > Tony Sutton wrote:
    > > Can the 'From' line be edited to include my number so they can
    reply
    > to my
    > > phone?
    >
    > It depends on the SMS gateway you are using.
    >
    > Generally though, free gateways don't give you this ability. This is
    > not a Mercury limitation, if I could make them replyable, then I
    would.

    I spoke too soon, sms.ac's messages are apparantly replyable (8 free
    per day).

    I haven't used them in a long while though so it may have changed.

    Regards,

    Richard.

    ps. If you have any suggestions for free (or paid-for) gateways to add,
    then please submit them to the forum on the website!
  6. Archived from groups: uk.telecom.mobile,alt.cellular.gsm,alt.consumers.uk-freebies,alt.comp.freeware (More info?)

    Richard wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I've written an application that will allow you to send free text
    > messages to your friends and family from your computer.
    what countries can you send to ?
    or only UK ..
  7. Archived from groups: uk.telecom.mobile,alt.cellular.gsm,alt.consumers.uk-freebies,alt.comp.freeware (More info?)

    Richard wrote:
    > I'm interested in hearing feedback from you including bugs and
    > suggestions for improvement. In addition, any recommendations where I
    > can get the application reviewed would be appreciated.

    PocketPC and Symbian versions would be cool :)

    Geoff
  8. Archived from groups: uk.telecom.mobile,alt.cellular.gsm,alt.consumers.uk-freebies,alt.comp.freeware (More info?)

    "Richard" <richard.lawrence@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi all,

    Hi Richard, whats is is-qoog7.exe for that wants to run at windows start up?
    rj
  9. Archived from groups: uk.telecom.mobile,alt.cellular.gsm,alt.consumers.uk-freebies,alt.comp.freeware (More info?)

    Hiya Richard

    thanks again for the update, been using mercury since day one and its great.

    I can certainly recommend this program and long may it continue to run....

    do you have any other projects in the running Richard?
    --
    -----------------------------------
    Heather x freebies & Sweets here

    "Richard" <richard.lawrence@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I've written an application that will allow you to send free text
    > messages to your friends and family from your computer.
    >
    > How it works is that it acts as a standard interface to other free SMS
    > gateway providers out there. You can send messages to multiple people,
    > split long messages over multiple SMS', manage your contacts and
    > message quotas and much more.
    >
    > If you already use eGenie (which I also developed) then I would advise
    > you to try out this application as it is substantially better.
    >
    > Best of all the application is totally free and a lot of the providers
    > supply free text messages. It has been worked out that, at the moment,
    > if you subscribed to all of the free services, this would give you over
    > 500 free messages a month - which isn't bad really!
    >
    > Details, screenshots and downloads are at http://www.mercury.uk.net/
    >
    > I'm interested in hearing feedback from you including bugs and
    > suggestions for improvement. In addition, any recommendations where I
    > can get the application reviewed would be appreciated.
    > Regards,
    >
    > Richard.

    Hi there, have downloaded and installed it, couple of quick queries tho, you
    mention 500+ a month free sms, where can I get those, the most I have seen
    is 300 through 118, the orange site does not seem to contain any free sms,
    although am EXTREMELY greatful, even with just 10 a day, thats 30 quid a
    month saving!!

    Secondly this qoog7.exe you said in another post you dont know about it,
    but you said here you wrote it, confused lol, but I dont know the first
    thing about programming, all I am concerned is programs on my pc !
  11. Archived from groups: uk.telecom.mobile,alt.cellular.gsm,alt.consumers.uk-freebies,alt.comp.freeware (More info?)

    In article <1106747665.581174.257900@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
    richard.lawrence@gmail.com says...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I've written an application that will allow you to send free text
    > messages to your friends and family from your computer.
    >
    > How it works is that it acts as a standard interface to other free SMS
    > gateway providers out there. You can send messages to multiple people,
    > split long messages over multiple SMS', manage your contacts and
    > message quotas and much more.
    >
    > If you already use eGenie (which I also developed) then I would advise
    > you to try out this application as it is substantially better.
    >
    > Best of all the application is totally free and a lot of the providers
    > supply free text messages. It has been worked out that, at the moment,
    > if you subscribed to all of the free services, this would give you over
    > 500 free messages a month - which isn't bad really!
    >
    > Details, screenshots and downloads are at http://www.mercury.uk.net/
    >
    > I'm interested in hearing feedback from you including bugs and
    > suggestions for improvement. In addition, any recommendations where I
    > can get the application reviewed would be appreciated.
    > Regards,
    >
    > Richard.

    Look also at Genietexter

    http://www.genietexter.co.uk/
  12. Archived from groups: uk.telecom.mobile,alt.cellular.gsm,alt.consumers.uk-freebies,alt.comp.freeware (More info?)

    "Richard" <richard.lawrence@gmail.com> wrote :

    > Geoff Winkless wrote:
    >> Richard wrote:
    >> > I'm interested in hearing feedback from you including bugs and
    >> > suggestions for improvement. In addition, any recommendations
    >> > where I can get the application reviewed would be appreciated.
    >>
    >> PocketPC and Symbian versions would be cool :)
    >
    > Funnily enough I am looking at a PocketPC and Linux version. Can't
    > promise anything right now though ...

    Could a PalmOS(r) support wish be expressed too ? :)

    --
    Antoine
  13. Archived from groups: uk.telecom.mobile,alt.cellular.gsm,alt.consumers.uk-freebies,alt.comp.freeware (More info?)

    > o2 = 10/month
    > sms.ac = 8/day = 240/month
    > 118888 = 10/day = 300/month
    > orange = 30/month
    >
    > total = 10+240+300+30 = 580/month
    > (assuming average of 30 days per month and rounded down for good
    > measure)
    >
    > I also plan to add fonetastic and a couple of others in the coming
    > weeks which will increase this number even more.
    >
    > > Secondly this qoog7.exe you said in another post you dont know about
    > it,
    > > but you said here you wrote it, confused lol, but I dont know the
    > first
    > > thing about programming, all I am concerned is programs on my pc !
    >
    > I wrote Mercury but not qoog7.exe. I have no idea what the qoog7.exe
    > application is all about I'm afriad. The installer I provide on my site
    > doesn't contain that file at all.
    > Hope that clarifies things,
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Richard.

    Completley mate, and thanks for the reply, works fast too, using the 118 I
    texted myself to test it... arrived a few seconds later!!
  14. Archived from groups: uk.telecom.mobile,alt.cellular.gsm,alt.consumers.uk-freebies,alt.comp.freeware (More info?)

    Antoine wrote:
    > "Richard" <richard.lawrence@gmail.com> wrote :
    >

    >>Geoff Winkless wrote:

    >>>PocketPC and Symbian versions would be cool :)
    >>
    >>Funnily enough I am looking at a PocketPC and Linux version. Can't
    >>promise anything right now though ...
    >

    > Could a PalmOS(r) support wish be expressed too ? :)

    And Windows Mobile Smartphone :)
  15. Archived from groups: uk.telecom.mobile,alt.cellular.gsm,alt.consumers.uk-freebies,alt.comp.freeware (More info?)

    "Richard" <richard.lawrence@gmail.com> wrote in message

    > Best of all the application is totally free and a lot of the providers
    > supply free text messages. It has been worked out that, at the moment,
    > if you subscribed to all of the free services, this would give you over
    > 500 free messages a month - which isn't bad really!

    Can the 'From' line be edited to include my number so they can reply to my
    phone?

    --

    - Tony Sutton
    - http://www.hyperboard.co.uk - The Biggest Message Board!
    Get that computer-generated geek off my network! -Grossberg
  16. Archived from groups: uk.telecom.mobile,alt.cellular.gsm,alt.consumers.uk-freebies,alt.comp.freeware (More info?)

    "Richard" <richard.lawrence@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I've written an application that will allow you to send free text
    > messages to your friends and family from your computer.
    >
    > How it works is that it acts as a standard interface to other free SMS
    > gateway providers out there. You can send messages to multiple people,
    > split long messages over multiple SMS', manage your contacts and
    > message quotas and much more.
    >
    > If you already use eGenie (which I also developed) then I would advise
    > you to try out this application as it is substantially better.
    >
    > Best of all the application is totally free and a lot of the providers
    > supply free text messages. It has been worked out that, at the moment,
    > if you subscribed to all of the free services, this would give you over
    > 500 free messages a month - which isn't bad really!
    >
    > Details, screenshots and downloads are at http://www.mercury.uk.net/
    >
    > I'm interested in hearing feedback from you including bugs and
    > suggestions for improvement. In addition, any recommendations where I
    > can get the application reviewed would be appreciated.
    > Regards,
    >
    > Richard.

    Great stuff Richard - I've been using genietexter but I'm converted :) Much
    more useful features (I'm using vgsmail). Check it out peeps.

    Thanks!
  17. Archived from groups: uk.telecom.mobile,alt.cellular.gsm,alt.consumers.uk-freebies,alt.comp.freeware (More info?)

    Richard decided to add:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > I've written an application that will allow you to send free text
    > messages to your friends and family from your computer.
    (SNIP)

    http://www.topqualityfreeware.com/phones11.html

    --
    No lusers were harmed in the creation of this usenet article.
    AND I WANT TO KNOW WHY NOT!

    On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 14:36:32 GMT, Rev John wrote:

    > "Richard" <richard.lawrence@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Hi all,
    >
    > Hi Richard, whats is is-qoog7.exe for that wants to run at windows
    > start up?

    Hi RJ. To clarify and hope you'll feedback.

    I downloaded Richards Murcury sms sender then did an overkill check by:
    Scanning with the latest Anti-virus patern file (F-Prot) - No problems.
    I then installed the Murcury sms sender software and ran ad-aware anti-
    spyware software - no problems.
    I then searched my PC hard drive and searched the registry for goog7.exe -
    no such file or entry.
    I then did a google search for goog7.exe - nothing on googles nearly 9
    billion indexed pages!

    One can conclude with certainty that Richards sms sender has nothing to do
    with goog7.exe

    RJ can you please search your hard drive for the file (goog7.exe) and then
    locate it and post the files properties eg: file name, version, comments
    and or copyright.

    I'm puzzled as to what it can be as there's no reference to a file of that
    name anywhere ...

    Feedback appreciated :)
    --
    encoderX - http://encoderX.co.uk
  19. Archived from groups: uk.telecom.mobile,alt.cellular.gsm (More info?)

    "encoderX" <encoderx@NOSPAMo2.co.uk> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 14:36:32 GMT, Rev John wrote:
    >
    > > "Richard" <richard.lawrence@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > >> Hi all,
    > >
    > > Hi Richard, whats is is-qoog7.exe for that wants to run at windows
    > > start up?
    >
    > Hi RJ. To clarify and hope you'll feedback.
    >
    > I downloaded Richards Murcury sms sender then did an overkill check by:
    > Scanning with the latest Anti-virus patern file (F-Prot) - No problems.
    > I then installed the Murcury sms sender software and ran ad-aware anti-
    > spyware software - no problems.
    > I then searched my PC hard drive and searched the registry for goog7.exe -
    > no such file or entry.
    > I then did a google search for goog7.exe - nothing on googles nearly 9
    > billion indexed pages!
    >
    > One can conclude with certainty that Richards sms sender has nothing to do
    > with goog7.exe
    >
    > RJ can you please search your hard drive for the file (goog7.exe) and then
    > locate it and post the files properties eg: file name, version, comments
    > and or copyright.
    >
    > I'm puzzled as to what it can be as there's no reference to a file of that
    > name anywhere ...
    >
    > Feedback appreciated :)
    > --
    > encoderX - http://encoderX.co.uk

    just done the same thing, with the same results
  20. Archived from groups: uk.telecom.mobile,alt.cellular.gsm,alt.consumers.uk-freebies,alt.comp.freeware (More info?)

    six-toes wrote:
    > Richard wrote:
    > > Hi all,
    > >
    > > I've written an application that will allow you to send free text
    > > messages to your friends and family from your computer.
    > what countries can you send to ?
    > or only UK ..

    International.

    If you go to http://www.mercury.uk.net/gateways/ you can filter out the
    gateways that don't support sending to the country of your choice.

    Makes it easier to spot the ones that work to your favourite country.
    Regards,

    Richard.
  21. Archived from groups: uk.telecom.mobile,alt.cellular.gsm,alt.consumers.uk-freebies,alt.comp.freeware (More info?)

    Heather-Scotgirl wrote:
    > Hiya Richard
    >
    > thanks again for the update, been using mercury since day one and its
    great.

    > I can certainly recommend this program and long may it continue to
    run....

    > do you have any other projects in the running Richard?

    A few, although v0.4.1 seems to be the key one at the moment :)
    Richard.
  22. Archived from groups: uk.telecom.mobile,alt.cellular.gsm (More info?)

    Rev John wrote:
    > Unfortunately mercury is the only program I have installed in the
    last 6
    > days and for it to come up immediately after mercury completed
    installation
    > sorta concerned me. However, mercury is working fine with this entry
    in the
    > registry blocked so no problem there. I was just wondering what it
    was.
    > Startup Registry Entry: StartUp is-qoog7.exe is-qoog7.exe
    >
    > Disabled date: 26/01/2005 14:32:18
    >
    > Details: Startup Registry Entry deactivated
    >
    > Registry Key
    > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce
    > InnoSetupRegFile.0000000001 = C:\WINDOWS\is-QOOG7.exe /REG
    decativated on

    Hi,

    I *think* I know what it is. I've contacted the author of Innosetup
    (which is a popular installer that I use to distribute Mercury) and am
    awaiting his response but I'm prepared to hazard an educated guess.

    In short, when Mercury is installed, it will try to install and
    register some DLL's and OCX's. If it cannot because there is an older
    version already there
    and in use then it must register the updated version the next time you
    reboot.

    Hence the entry in the "RunOnce" folder, telling Windows that next
    reboot it needs to register some files. I believe that the filename is
    simply "is-" (for InnoSetup) followed by a bunch of random letters.

    As soon as I get confirmation that this is the issue, then I will
    update the FAQ and download page to make it clear that this isn't
    spyware or anything malicious.

    Regards,

    Richard.
  23. Archived from groups: uk.telecom.mobile,alt.cellular.gsm (More info?)

    On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 22:22:53 GMT, encoderX <encoderx@NOSPAMo2.co.uk>
    wrote:

    >On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 14:36:32 GMT, Rev John wrote:
    >
    >> "Richard" <richard.lawrence@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >>> Hi all,
    >>
    >> Hi Richard, whats is is-qoog7.exe for that wants to run at windows
    >> start up?
    >
    >I then searched my PC hard drive and searched the registry for goog7.exe -
    >no such file or entry.
    >I then did a google search for goog7.exe - nothing on googles nearly 9
    >billion indexed pages!
    >
    >Feedback appreciated :)

    just to point out that the file being reported here is qoog7 not goog7

    --

    Shevek

    Get DigiGuide - a downloadable desktop PC TV and Radio Guide
    http://getdigiguide.com/?p=1&r=31493

    Get Firefox!
  24. Archived from groups: uk.telecom.mobile,alt.cellular.gsm (More info?)

    On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 08:48:53 GMT, Shevek wrote:

    > On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 22:22:53 GMT, encoderX <encoderx@NOSPAMo2.co.uk>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 14:36:32 GMT, Rev John wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Richard" <richard.lawrence@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> Hi Richard, whats is is-qoog7.exe for that wants to run at windows
    >>> start up?
    >>
    >>I then searched my PC hard drive and searched the registry for
    >>goog7.exe - no such file or entry.
    >>I then did a google search for goog7.exe - nothing on googles nearly 9
    >>billion indexed pages!
    >>
    >>Feedback appreciated :)
    >
    > just to point out that the file being reported here is qoog7 not goog7

    Thanks Shevek. You have a good eye for detail (Qoog) ;)

    I got excited thinking my error would throw up a result on searching!
    It actually threw less results on Google web/groups search than Goog7! Ha!
    (Goog7 gave some results but only in message ID strings on posts and the
    odd username).

    The HD search, anti-virus, anti-spyware and reg search still gave no
    results on Qoog7.

    The mystery continues ...
    --
    encoderX - http://encoderX.co.uk
  25. Archived from groups: uk.telecom.mobile,alt.cellular.gsm,alt.consumers.uk-freebies,alt.comp.freeware (More info?)

    Richard wrote:

    > International.
    >
    > If you go to http://www.mercury.uk.net/gateways/ you can filter out
    the
    > gateways that don't support sending to the country of your choice.
    >
    > Makes it easier to spot the ones that work to your favourite country.
    > Regards,
    >
    > Richard.

    for some reason Thailand is no ton the list , does that mean i cant
    send there with this software ? and if not is it likely to change any
    time soon ?
  26. Archived from groups: uk.telecom.mobile,alt.cellular.gsm (More info?)

    "encoderX" <encoderx@NOSPAMo2.co.uk> wrote in message
    > RJ can you please search your hard drive for the file (goog7.exe) and then
    > locate it and post the files properties eg: file name, version, comments
    > and or copyright.
    >
    > encoderX - http://encoderX.co.uk

    No probs, I had a fully checked system (spybot/avg/adaware/hi-jack
    this/killbox/cleanup/startdreck/hoster cleaned the day before)
    I downloaded the full version of mercury, ran install and as soon as
    completed giant antispyware/MS antispyware with latest update immediately
    blocked is-qoog7 from running on start up, the report is below. I have also
    done a search for it via google and came up with no results.
    Unfortunately mercury is the only program I have installed in the last 6
    days and for it to come up immediately after mercury completed installation
    sorta concerned me. However, mercury is working fine with this entry in the
    registry blocked so no problem there. I was just wondering what it was.
    Startup Registry Entry: StartUp is-qoog7.exe is-qoog7.exe

    Disabled date: 26/01/2005 14:32:18

    Details: Startup Registry Entry deactivated

    Registry Key
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce
    InnoSetupRegFile.0000000001 = C:\WINDOWS\is-QOOG7.exe /REG decativated on
  27. Archived from groups: uk.telecom.mobile,alt.cellular.gsm (More info?)

    The exe is located in the c:/windows folder and is not hidden, it is 32.5kb
    (33,280 bytes) and was created on 26 january 2005 14.31.46, the exact time
    of mercury installation.
    There is also a is-QOOG7.lst file in same location, same date, 508 bytes,
    again not hidden.

    The only other thing I did was update the gateways, but I did this after the
    warning appeared. It may be overkill by giant/microsoft antispyware, I know
    it is quite zealous at times.
  28. Archived from groups: uk.telecom.mobile,alt.cellular.gsm (More info?)

    Hi Richard, I think you may have the answer there, I didn't think it would
    be anything dubious but was worried that blocking it would upset the program
    from working (in fact it didnt so I'm happy anyway)
    rj
  29. Archived from groups: uk.telecom.mobile,alt.cellular.gsm,alt.consumers.uk-freebies,alt.comp.freeware (More info?)

    six-toes wrote:
    > for some reason Thailand is no ton the list , does that mean i cant
    > send there with this software ? and if not is it likely to change any
    > time soon ?

    Whoops, accidently left Thailand out. Sorry about that.

    The site has been updated and there are 3 scripts that work to there.
    Regards,

    Richard
  30. Archived from groups: uk.telecom.mobile,alt.cellular.gsm,alt.consumers.uk-freebies,alt.comp.freeware (More info?)

    Annie wrote:
    > Can I use it down here in Oz?

    Yes you can ... http://www.mercury.uk.net/gateways/?country=61

    I'm also looking at supporting another couple of (free and non-free)
    gateways in the coming weeks which also work in most countries.
    Regards,

    Richard
  31. Archived from groups: uk.telecom.mobile,alt.cellular.gsm,alt.consumers.uk-freebies,alt.comp.freeware (More info?)

    Does it only work for UK guys?
    Can I use it down here in Oz?

    TA

    "Richard" <richard.lawrence@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I've written an application that will allow you to send free text
    > messages to your friends and family from your computer.
    >
    > How it works is that it acts as a standard interface to other free SMS
    > gateway providers out there. You can send messages to multiple people,
    > split long messages over multiple SMS', manage your contacts and
    > message quotas and much more.
    >
    > If you already use eGenie (which I also developed) then I would advise
    > you to try out this application as it is substantially better.
    >
    > Best of all the application is totally free and a lot of the providers
    > supply free text messages. It has been worked out that, at the moment,
    > if you subscribed to all of the free services, this would give you over
    > 500 free messages a month - which isn't bad really!
    >
    > Details, screenshots and downloads are at http://www.mercury.uk.net/
    >
    > I'm interested in hearing feedback from you including bugs and
    > suggestions for improvement. In addition, any recommendations where I
    > can get the application reviewed would be appreciated.
    > Regards,
    >
    > Richard.

GSM Desktops