Sign in with
Your question

Nice gaming computer not per

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 8, 2011 3:13:12 PM

Hello you guys.

I really hope u can help me.
I am about to go insane with my computer, i am runing xtreme low FPS in world of warcraft.
i have tried everything on the computer upgraded almost everypart of the computer to improve, but without any posetiv result.

i have flashed my BIOS to a "better version". I have lastest driver for my GFX card. Stil can't get it to performe in wow, not even with EVERY thing on LOW :/ / getting 10-15 fps in 10 man raids ;s

My computer setup is
Motherboard: Asus m2n-e chipset - nForce 570 sli
Ram: Corsair 4x2gb pc64 800mhz
Cpu: AMD x2 6200 , 3.1 Ghz
Gfxcard: ATI HD4870x1 toxic sapphire
PSU: Corsair 650W
HDD: SATA 500gb 7200 rpm Seagate

Hope u guys can help me. :) 

More about : nice gaming computer

December 8, 2011 4:15:08 PM

poor performance in warcraft is certainly a bizarre occurrence. more than likely there is something critically wrong with your computer. i don't know your level of computer knowledge, but you need to check critical areas such as extreme overheating with components, infected hard drives etc. something is very very wrong if you have poor performance with a game that runs on a pentium 4.
December 8, 2011 5:44:58 PM

Thanks for the Quick answer i have MSI afterburner for cooling control of the gfx card, and when idle its 57C, and when raiding in 25man wow it does not get over 64C . when working at 92-100% my cpu is not getting above 65C and i also did a test on my HDD with the speedfan internet test, and it said my HDD worked perfecktly :/  I srsly can't figure it out.
what i had in mind, was if the Motherboard is to old, and maybe has a slow bus speed, witch is making akind of bottleneck effect. Hmm.. but i'm not like a pr0 computer hardware geek, but i do have some knowledge.

also i did a clean sweep, formated the cd and made totally new win7 ulti 64bit and wow install, and still no progress >_>
Related resources
a c 290 U Graphics card
a b Ý World of Warcraft
December 8, 2011 6:22:33 PM

Try disabling addons. Outdated addons are known to sometimes produce infinite loops, which just cripples any computer it may find. If disabling all addons works indeed, try enabling them one by one, until you find the evil one.
December 8, 2011 6:25:16 PM

Hey mate.

as told just above i did a cleansweep, formated the HDD, made a clean win7 and wow instal without any addons or ANY chance in wow, as it comes when just installed :(  didn't work.
a c 290 U Graphics card
a b Ý World of Warcraft
December 8, 2011 7:16:59 PM

I know what's up. Or might be. You might not believe it, but it happened to me a year ago or so. Basically, when you reinstall world of warcraft, it still has to download ~15 GB of data. Before it is done, it's unplayable if you internet isn't fast enough (talking about 3 MB/s speeds minimum). Basically it lets you turn the game on, but as soon as it needs to render a texture which isn't in your computer, it totally freezes until it gets it from the server. It has to download it.

The solution is pretty simple: leave the launcher open and let it auto update. I know it might take a while, but should fix it!

If that's not helping.. I'd call Blizzard.
December 8, 2011 7:45:36 PM

Yeah, i read about that also, but my download is totally done. finished :/  !!

i did make a post about in on the blizz forum but no blue post. And the you guys in here are abit geeks aka better help than blizz can give me. they are just gonna say.. HEY delete addons, catch'n stuff. :b !!

hmm...
!