Need help for my gaming PC

Tags:
  • New Build
  • Gaming
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
February 7, 2012 6:36:53 AM

Hello guy, :hello: 

Im planning to build my own gaming pc for the first time.. Here's the list of product I want to put together:

Mobo: ex series DZ68BC
CPU: i5 2500k
PSU: corsair TX850 V2
SSD: patriot pyro 120gb
HHD: seagate barracuda 2tb (planning to put it in raid 0 with the SSD)
Memory: corsair xms3 4g(2x2) 9-9-9-24 1.65V
Optic: samsung 22x dvd
GPU: asus ENGTX560 DirectCU

I need some advise for my gaming PC project,, thanks...

More about : gaming

February 7, 2012 6:43:50 AM

Exactly what do you want to know? You have no windows selected or a case to put it in but other then that i don't see any real problems with your choices.
m
l
February 7, 2012 7:04:07 AM

ohh yeah.. forgot to add, I'm planning to put it a CM storm scout case..

I'm thinking of using either the SSD or the HHD, which one is better??
m
l
Related resources
February 7, 2012 7:04:58 AM

and I'll use win7 for the OS.
m
l
February 7, 2012 7:22:36 AM

SSD is apparently better, however more expensive and since it's new it commonly hold up to 120GB space. In terms of which is better as in your 120GB or 2TB HDD if I had to choose I would pick the 2TB since it's more than ten times the space as your 120GB SSD. Just make sure the HDD is 7200RPM.

Your build looks good, very similar to what I'm looking at for my new build. I would recommend a GTX 570, apparently it's a huge improvement from 560 from looking at forums and comments. It can run new games, crysis 2 and more on max setting no problem with high FPS.
m
l
February 7, 2012 7:35:42 AM

The ssd is often sought to use as your operations drive (it reads your operating system alot faster) then using the cheaper slower drives to store things on. I'd go with a 64 gig ssd drive at the least for the os drive (to allow for updates and upgrades in the os a 120 gig be much better though if you can swing it) and buy a regular larger hdd for saving things on (not sure of your budget so not sure what to reccommend in size) This gives you a faster over all system (less time to read from the hdd os plus a fast cpu = one tricked out pc)
m
l
February 7, 2012 8:35:48 PM

zolton33 said:
The ssd is often sought to use as your operations drive (it reads your operating system alot faster) then using the cheaper slower drives to store things on. I'd go with a 64 gig ssd drive at the least for the os drive (to allow for updates and upgrades in the os a 120 gig be much better though if you can swing it) and buy a regular larger hdd for saving things on (not sure of your budget so not sure what to reccommend in size) This gives you a faster over all system (less time to read from the hdd os plus a fast cpu = one tricked out pc)

should i put it in raid 0 or 1?? i have enough budget for both cause it's on sale and free shipping...but im thinking of buying one first so i can buy a nice GPU based on advises i'll get,,

m
l
a b 4 Gaming
February 7, 2012 9:06:54 PM

Dmag said:
Hello guy, :hello: 

Im planning to build my own gaming pc for the first time.. Here's the list of product I want to put together:

Mobo: ex series DZ68BC
CPU: i5 2500k
PSU: corsair TX850 V2
SSD: patriot pyro 120gb
HHD: seagate barracuda 2tb (planning to put it in raid 0 with the SSD)
Memory: corsair xms3 4g(2x2) 9-9-9-24 1.65V
Optic: samsung 22x dvd
GPU: asus ENGTX560 DirectCU

I need some advise for my gaming PC project,, thanks...

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261222-31-build-advic... <----- This is the sticky pinned at the top of this forum. Copy & paste it on here please and then fill it out.

1) That board doesn't over clock so no need for the 2500K cpu

2) That board is a single card board (1 x PCI-E slot) so no need for a 850w psu that's designed to run two of those cards

3) These 1155 boards require low voltage RAM ...as in 1.5v or less. So ditch the old school 1.65v RAM

4) You have a ton of money in that video card so spend $40 - $45 on 8 gigs of RAM (2x4GB) of 1.5v RAM

5) Skip the RAID with the SSD and storage drive. Put your O/S and desktop on the SSD and whatever games you plan on the SSD that will fit and the rest goes to the storage drive.

m
l
February 7, 2012 9:22:25 PM

Why_Me said:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261222-31-build-advic... <----- This is the sticky pinned at the top of this forum. Copy & paste it on here please and then fill it out.

1) That board doesn't over clock so no need for the 2500K cpu

2) That board is a single card board (1 x PCI-E slot) so no need for a 850w psu that's designed to run two of those cards

3) These 1155 boards require low voltage RAM ...as in 1.5v or less. So ditch the old school 1.65v RAM

4) You have a ton of money in that video card so spend $40 - $45 on 8 gigs of RAM (2x4GB) of 1.5v RAM

5) Skip the RAID with the SSD and storage drive. Put your O/S and desktop on the SSD and whatever games you plan on the SSD that will fit and the rest goes to the storage drive.

6) Don't ever take any advice from previous posters on this thread for the fact they didn't point out the obvious so they shouldn't be giving advice on this board imo.

1) he made no mention of overclocking

2)If you can afford a higher psu it never hurts to get for upgrades later on

6)So you are considered the beat all advice giver?

Taking cheap shots is really not a nice thing to do. And saying that some one should not give advice on a public forum meant for advice and help is also not a nice thing to do. I suggest you read:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/282333-31-read-first

And i'll quote it for an easier read:

Welcome to the Tom's Hardware forums. Here we talk about computer hardware, software, gadgets, gaming, and geekery in general. Speech is free but Tom's Hardware is moderated. We like people who make sense, stay-on-topic, and play nice.

Tom's Hardware Rules of Conduct

The Rules of Conduct are general guidelines for regular users on acceptable behavior in the Tom's Hardware forums. These guidelines may change at the discretion of the Community Manager as necessary to foster an environment appropriate to civil discourse. This outline is a basic set of guidelines and does not encompass every foreseeable event, and individual infractions will be dealt with by moderators on a per incident basis. The Community Manager and Moderation Team has sole discretion on how to interpret and apply these rules to circumstances and situations, including discipline or exception. The Rules of Conduct also include adherence to Tom's Hardware website Terms of Service, located at http://www.tomshardware.com/terms.html.

Do...
Search the forums. Someone else may have already answered your question/discussed the topic.
Read the stickies. They answer a lot of questions, and are great reads too!
Use paragraphs, and avoid walls of text that are hard to read.
Provide details on what is going wrong, and how. Share your hardware specs and OS, when applicable.
Keep criticism constructive. Attack the idea, not the person.
Check out our guide to posting images and styling your posts. You can also see how other users do the same by clicking "BBCode" above their post.
Report violators to the Moderation Team by clicking "Report" above the post.

Don't...
Post in ALL CAPS or use excessive punctuation!!!
Share personal information, like your email address. Identify theft is real.
Bump posts, claim "first!"
Hijack a topic. Stick to the original conversation.
Ask for help pirating, cracking passwords, or bypassing copyright protection

Signatures
An imported signature banner shall be no larger than 75 x 400 size, and you will be allowed to display only one banner.
If the banner contains forwarding links to either past or present websites that have caused problems at THGF, your signature privileges will be suspended.

Violations - It violates the Tom's Hardware Rules of Conduct if you engage in any of the following activity:
Post, promote or distribute any content that is illegal.
Promote or encourage activity which is illegal, such as hacking, cracking, scamming.
Harass, threaten, embarrass or insult other users, including sending unwanted messages, attacking race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, etc. Ad hominem attacks are not permitted.
Hate speech is not permitted. You may not post or distribute content that is harmful, abusive, racist, homophobic, sexually explicit, defamatory, infringing, invasive of privacy, or objectionable.
Disrupt the natural flow of forum discussion through vulgar language, spamming, flooding, or any variant.
Trolling, defined as knowingly soliciting strong negative responses simply for shock value.
Posting off-topic posts in inappropriate forums.
Impersonation.
Phishing. A moderator will never ask for your password.
Upload or link to files which contain a virus or malware.
Make posts to advertise or promote, forward chain letters, pyramid schemes or multi-level marketing programs.

m
l
a b 4 Gaming
February 7, 2012 9:42:45 PM

Sorry if I came off like an asrehole Zolatan :) 

I only saw the obvious in the OP

First off a 2500K has two obvious advantages: 1. over clocking 2. HD 3000 Graphics. I'm pretty sure he mentioned gaming and not video editing.

Secondly an 850w psu will run two of those cards are possible power a small rocket... A 650w psu will power a single gtx 580 with plenty to spare.

Third that old school 1.65v RAM has been known to mess up controllers on these 1155 boards hence the reason just about every review states 1.5v RAM or even less.

Again I do apologize :) 
m
l
February 7, 2012 9:50:23 PM

Why_Me said:
Sorry if I came off like an asrehole Zolatan :) 

I only saw the obvious in the OP

First off a 2500K has two obvious advantages: 1. over clocking 2. HD 3000 Graphics. I'm pretty sure he mentioned gaming and not video editing.

Secondly an 850w psu will run two of those cards are possible power a small rocket... A 650w psu will power a single gtx 580 with plenty to spare.

Third that old school 1.65v RAM has been known to mess up controllers on these 1155 boards hence the reason just about every review states 1.5v RAM or even less.

Again I do apologize :) 

No problem i'm far from an expert (my last complete build was almost 6 years ago) So i can state if the cpu and motherboard are compatible and recommend a build from what i've been researching (i'm planning a build here in the near future so reading up on all the new break throughs such as amds becoming worse and worse cpus :cry:  the new ssd drives and all these shiny new graphics cards) I've learned that bundling is the way to go and why i suggested a bundle from tigerdirect (i wish newegg was easier to search through) But bundle deals are not for every one.
m
l
!