• Quadro
  • Geforce
  • Graphics
  • Product
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 8, 2011 4:33:20 PM

Greetings!

I have this lame question...

Forgive me, but am I able to make Geforce Quadro?
Few years ago there was easy method - softmoding, now it is not.

So, if I have gts 450 and flash it with quadro 2000 bios it will become quadro?

I found it on HP website http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Softwa...

you can extract installer and there is .rom file, which I guess should be quadro bios file.

I guess I'll have to rename my card ID to appropriate quadro ID, so i'll have to rename it using nibitor or something similar?

More about : geforce quadro

a c 234 U Graphics card
December 8, 2011 6:03:59 PM

I would not recommend this course of action. You are more likely, than not, to "brick" your 450.

Why do you want to do this?
December 8, 2011 6:17:37 PM

can you explain me meaning of "brick"?

thing is, that I do not have 450. I'm going to buy an, but why to buy $200+ video card, when card for ~70$ will work better? My only use is in 3d modeling ("pro" use; and usually quadros have twice performance in it than game cards with similar price). And if flashing will gain at least 30% of it - will be really great.

Thing is, I guess you know, that 450 and 2000 are pretty same, with bit different voltage and output ports.

If bricking doesn't mean destroying and only making it less usable - I can revert BIOS, right?

Related resources
a c 291 U Graphics card
December 8, 2011 6:19:14 PM

bricking means destroying, actually.
a c 234 U Graphics card
December 8, 2011 6:27:44 PM

Yep, bricking means the card is dead and usually can't be recovered. If you need a Quadro, then buy one. Trying to convert a 450 into one is likely to fail. I know they are similar, but they are not the same.
December 8, 2011 6:38:52 PM

they are not the same, but what is chance in this scanerio to fail? to destroy I mean.

As unlike other quadros and their counterparts - those two have much less difference, I guess that will downrise chance of bricking, however.

I should be careful with voltage and adjust it to quadro one before flashing, and stuff like that.

Anyone tried? and got no result?

December 8, 2011 7:42:35 PM

janiashvili said:
they are not the same, but what is chance in this scanerio to fail? to destroy I mean.

As unlike other quadros and their counterparts - those two have much less difference, I guess that will downrise chance of bricking, however.

I should be careful with voltage and adjust it to quadro one before flashing, and stuff like that.

Let us know how it worked.
a c 234 U Graphics card
December 8, 2011 9:52:58 PM

janiashvili said:

I would guess you have a 90% chance of bricking the 450. It is just too risky. Minor differences matter.

If you get it work, please let us know.
December 9, 2011 10:24:47 AM

how it thinks - if not in use it thinks there is nothing? I mean if additional power source is not connected - it thinks there is no power port? it thinks there is no SLI "port"?

Anybody did something similar in past - with success?

By the way, quadro drivers brings only stability and quality? absolutely no performance in CADs?(maybe except bad one)
!