Geforce to quadro

janiashvili

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2011
Greetings!

I have this lame question...

Forgive me, but am I able to make Geforce Quadro?
Few years ago there was easy method - softmoding, now it is not.

So, if I have gts 450 and flash it with quadro 2000 bios it will become quadro?

I found it on HP website http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=12454&prodSeriesId=5053199&prodNameId=5053201&swEnvOID=4016&swLang=13&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=wk-96496-1

you can extract installer and there is .rom file, which I guess should be quadro bios file.

I guess I'll have to rename my card ID to appropriate quadro ID, so i'll have to rename it using nibitor or something similar?

janiashvili

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2011
can you explain me meaning of "brick"?

thing is, that I do not have 450. I'm going to buy an, but why to buy $200+ video card, when card for ~70$ will work better? My only use is in 3d modeling ("pro" use; and usually quadros have twice performance in it than game cards with similar price). And if flashing will gain at least 30% of it - will be really great.

Thing is, I guess you know, that 450 and 2000 are pretty same, with bit different voltage and output ports.

If bricking doesn't mean destroying and only making it less usable - I can revert BIOS, right?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Yep, bricking means the card is dead and usually can't be recovered. If you need a Quadro, then buy one. Trying to convert a 450 into one is likely to fail. I know they are similar, but they are not the same.

janiashvili

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2011
they are not the same, but what is chance in this scanerio to fail? to destroy I mean.

As unlike other quadros and their counterparts - those two have much less difference, I guess that will downrise chance of bricking, however.

I should be careful with voltage and adjust it to quadro one before flashing, and stuff like that.

Anyone tried? and got no result?

ram1009

Distinguished

Let us know how it worked.

COLGeek

Cybernaut

I would guess you have a 90% chance of bricking the 450. It is just too risky. Minor differences matter.

If you get it work, please let us know.

janiashvili

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2011
how it thinks - if not in use it thinks there is nothing? I mean if additional power source is not connected - it thinks there is no power port? it thinks there is no SLI "port"?

Anybody did something similar in past - with success?

By the way, quadro drivers brings only stability and quality? absolutely no performance in CADs?(maybe except bad one)