first video of 'BLACK' - Criterion's new FPS for PS2

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.fps,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,rec.games.video.sony,uk.games.video.playstation (More info?)

http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/668/668817/vids_1.html

I cannot believe this is for Playstation2. Black releases next year.

If PS2 can pull this off, I can only imagine what PS3 will be capable of
near the end of its life.
10 answers Last reply
More about first video black criterion
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.fps,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,rec.games.video.sony,uk.games.video.playstation (More info?)

    RSX wrote:
    > http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/668/668817/vids_1.html
    >
    > I cannot believe this is for Playstation2. Black releases next year.
    >
    > If PS2 can pull this off, I can only imagine what PS3 will be capable of
    > near the end of its life.

    It's really going to be funny when the PS2 version look superior to the
    Xbox version. Just like how Burnout 3 and Burnout Revenge look better on
    PS2.

    I'll especially laugh at the Xbots when Killzone 2 is released for the PS2.

    "KillzoneBigNuts2" <bignuts@msn.com> wrote in message

    > It's really going to be funny when the PS2 version look superior to the
    > Xbox version. Just like how Burnout 3 and Burnout Revenge look better on
    > PS2.
    >
    > I'll especially laugh at the Xbots when Killzone 2 is released for the
    PS2.

    Those cold winter nights must just fly by in your household.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.fps,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,rec.games.video.sony,uk.games.video.playstation (More info?)

    Quoth The Raven: RSX <RSX> in
    hb-dnYrdCdWrqr_enZ2dnUVZ_tGdnZ2d@comcast.com
    > http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/668/668817/vids_1.html
    >
    > I cannot believe this is for Playstation2. Black releases next
    > year.
    > If PS2 can pull this off, I can only imagine what PS3 will be capable
    > of near the end of its life.

    looks like a straight version of painkiller, could be a lot of fun, if
    unrealistic.
    --
    "Human history becomes more and more a race between education and
    catastrophe." - H. G. Wells (1866-1946)

    Take out the _CURSING to reply to me
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.fps,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,rec.games.video.sony,uk.games.video.playstation (More info?)

    <RSX> wrote:
    >http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/668/668817/vids_1.html
    >
    >I cannot believe this is for Playstation2. Black releases next year.
    >
    >If PS2 can pull this off, I can only imagine what PS3 will be capable of
    >near the end of its life.

    Did he blow up all those buildings with an UZI? WTF?
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.fps,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,rec.games.video.sony,uk.games.video.playstation (More info?)

    Quoth The Raven: Bateau <Gamera@work.stomping.aza> in
    s7p5i1l3fhjd2p59biak6jjehfboifgdnq@4ax.com
    > <RSX> wrote:
    >> http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/668/668817/vids_1.html
    >>
    >> I cannot believe this is for Playstation2. Black releases next
    >> year.
    >>
    >> If PS2 can pull this off, I can only imagine what PS3 will be
    >> capable of near the end of its life.
    >
    > Did he blow up all those buildings with an UZI? WTF?

    he chucked a few grenades and shot explosive barrels and cars, but even
    so the destruction is exaggerated gratuitously

    --
    Mosquito repellents don't repel. They hide you. The spray blocks the
    mosquito's sensors so they don't know you're there.

    Take out the _CURSING to reply to me
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.fps,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,rec.games.video.sony,uk.games.video.playstation (More info?)

    On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 00:03:57 +1000, "Highlandish"
    <ckreskay_CURSING@dodo.com.au> wrote:

    >Quoth The Raven: Bateau <Gamera@work.stomping.aza> in
    >s7p5i1l3fhjd2p59biak6jjehfboifgdnq@4ax.com
    >> <RSX> wrote:
    >>> http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/668/668817/vids_1.html
    >>>
    >>> I cannot believe this is for Playstation2. Black releases next
    >>> year.
    >>>
    >>> If PS2 can pull this off, I can only imagine what PS3 will be
    >>> capable of near the end of its life.
    >>
    >> Did he blow up all those buildings with an UZI? WTF?
    >
    >he chucked a few grenades and shot explosive barrels and cars, but even
    >so the destruction is exaggerated gratuitously

    Explosive barrels? Wow, what will they think of next??
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.fps,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,rec.games.video.sony,uk.games.video.playstation (More info?)

    Memnoch wrote:
    > Explosive barrels? Wow, what will they think of next??

    Hrm, probably some form of entry system based on a key that some mug has
    to carry about with them.

    Choobs

    --
    Sir Chewbury Gubbins <chewbury.gubbins@nelefa.org>
    Knight of the Wholly Gnarly Widget

    > It's really going to be funny when the PS2 version look superior to the
    > Xbox version. Just like how Burnout 3 and Burnout Revenge look better on
    > PS2.
    >
    > I'll especially laugh at the Xbots when Killzone 2 is released for the
    > PS2.

    What are you talking about? I have seen burnout 3 running almost side by
    side(me and my xbox in my room, lil bros ps2 in another), and it definitely
    does not look better than the Xbox version, although they look pretty much
    the same. Black isn't going to be any different, and neither is Burnout
    Revenge. 2 possible scenarios.. It will either look the same as the Xbox
    version(with some VERY clever programming), or it will look slightly
    inferior.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.fps,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,rec.games.video.sony,uk.games.video.playstation (More info?)

    <RSX> wrote in message news:hb-dnYrdCdWrqr_enZ2dnUVZ_tGdnZ2d@comcast.com...
    > http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/668/668817/vids_1.html
    >
    > I cannot believe this is for Playstation2. Black releases next year.
    >
    > If PS2 can pull this off, I can only imagine what PS3 will be capable of
    > near the end of its life.

    Well, this doesn't look amazing, but it does look good. However.. i'm not
    really feeling the overly exaggerated explosions and all. It's like they
    simply did it to show you that the engine can do it. That is not what makes
    a good game. This game also looked better in the screenshots, of course..
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.fps,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,rec.games.video.sony,uk.games.video.playstation (More info?)

    > It's really going to be funny when the PS2 version look superior to the
    > Xbox version. Just like how Burnout 3 and Burnout Revenge look better on
    > PS2.
    >
    > I'll especially laugh at the Xbots when Killzone 2 is released for the
    > PS2.

    And yeah, you are full of brown around every corner.

Console Gaming Video Sony Games FPS PlayStation Video Games