first video of 'BLACK' - Criterion's new FPS for PS2

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.fps,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,rec.games.video.sony,uk.games.video.playstation (More info?)

RSX wrote:
> http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/668/668817/vids_1.html
>
> I cannot believe this is for Playstation2. Black releases next year.
>
> If PS2 can pull this off, I can only imagine what PS3 will be capable of
> near the end of its life.

It's really going to be funny when the PS2 version look superior to the
Xbox version. Just like how Burnout 3 and Burnout Revenge look better on
PS2.

I'll especially laugh at the Xbots when Killzone 2 is released for the PS2.

"KillzoneBigNuts2" <bignuts@msn.com> wrote in message

> It's really going to be funny when the PS2 version look superior to the
> Xbox version. Just like how Burnout 3 and Burnout Revenge look better on
> PS2.
>
> I'll especially laugh at the Xbots when Killzone 2 is released for the
PS2.

Those cold winter nights must just fly by in your household.

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.fps,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,rec.games.video.sony,uk.games.video.playstation (More info?)

Quoth The Raven: RSX <RSX> in
hb-dnYrdCdWrqr_enZ2dnUVZ_tGdnZ2d@comcast.com
> http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/668/668817/vids_1.html
>
> I cannot believe this is for Playstation2. Black releases next
> year.
> If PS2 can pull this off, I can only imagine what PS3 will be capable
> of near the end of its life.

looks like a straight version of painkiller, could be a lot of fun, if
unrealistic.
--
"Human history becomes more and more a race between education and
catastrophe." - H. G. Wells (1866-1946)

Take out the _CURSING to reply to me

<RSX> wrote:
>http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/668/668817/vids_1.html
>
>I cannot believe this is for Playstation2. Black releases next year.
>
>If PS2 can pull this off, I can only imagine what PS3 will be capable of
>near the end of its life.

Did he blow up all those buildings with an UZI? WTF?

Quoth The Raven: Bateau <Gamera@work.stomping.aza> in
s7p5i1l3fhjd2p59biak6jjehfboifgdnq@4ax.com
> <RSX> wrote:
>> http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/668/668817/vids_1.html
>>
>> I cannot believe this is for Playstation2. Black releases next
>> year.
>>
>> If PS2 can pull this off, I can only imagine what PS3 will be
>> capable of near the end of its life.
>
> Did he blow up all those buildings with an UZI? WTF?

he chucked a few grenades and shot explosive barrels and cars, but even
so the destruction is exaggerated gratuitously

--
Mosquito repellents don't repel. They hide you. The spray blocks the
mosquito's sensors so they don't know you're there.

Take out the _CURSING to reply to me

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.fps,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,rec.games.video.sony,uk.games.video.playstation (More info?)

On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 00:03:57 +1000, "Highlandish"
<ckreskay_CURSING@dodo.com.au> wrote:

>Quoth The Raven: Bateau <Gamera@work.stomping.aza> in
>s7p5i1l3fhjd2p59biak6jjehfboifgdnq@4ax.com
>> <RSX> wrote:
>>> http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/668/668817/vids_1.html
>>>
>>> I cannot believe this is for Playstation2. Black releases next
>>> year.
>>>
>>> If PS2 can pull this off, I can only imagine what PS3 will be
>>> capable of near the end of its life.
>>
>> Did he blow up all those buildings with an UZI? WTF?
>
>he chucked a few grenades and shot explosive barrels and cars, but even
>so the destruction is exaggerated gratuitously

Explosive barrels? Wow, what will they think of next??

Memnoch wrote:
> Explosive barrels? Wow, what will they think of next??

Hrm, probably some form of entry system based on a key that some mug has
to carry about with them.

Choobs

--
Sir Chewbury Gubbins <chewbury.gubbins@nelefa.org>
Knight of the Wholly Gnarly Widget

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.fps,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,rec.games.video.sony,uk.games.video.playstation (More info?)

> It's really going to be funny when the PS2 version look superior to the
> Xbox version. Just like how Burnout 3 and Burnout Revenge look better on
> PS2.
>
> I'll especially laugh at the Xbots when Killzone 2 is released for the
> PS2.

What are you talking about? I have seen burnout 3 running almost side by
side(me and my xbox in my room, lil bros ps2 in another), and it definitely
does not look better than the Xbox version, although they look pretty much
the same. Black isn't going to be any different, and neither is Burnout
Revenge. 2 possible scenarios.. It will either look the same as the Xbox
version(with some VERY clever programming), or it will look slightly
inferior.

<RSX> wrote in message news:hb-dnYrdCdWrqr_enZ2dnUVZ_tGdnZ2d@comcast.com...
> http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/668/668817/vids_1.html
>
> I cannot believe this is for Playstation2. Black releases next year.
>
> If PS2 can pull this off, I can only imagine what PS3 will be capable of
> near the end of its life.

Well, this doesn't look amazing, but it does look good. However.. i'm not
really feeling the overly exaggerated explosions and all. It's like they
simply did it to show you that the engine can do it. That is not what makes
a good game. This game also looked better in the screenshots, of course..

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.fps,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,rec.games.video.sony,uk.games.video.playstation (More info?)

> It's really going to be funny when the PS2 version look superior to the
> Xbox version. Just like how Burnout 3 and Burnout Revenge look better on
> PS2.
>
> I'll especially laugh at the Xbots when Killzone 2 is released for the
> PS2.

And yeah, you are full of brown around every corner.