1300 Euros Gaming PC

Approximate Purchase Date: End of February

Budget Range: 1200 - 1400 Euros

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming,Surfing the internet,movies,video editting

Parts Not Required: Monitor,Sound card,speakers,keyboard,mouse,dvd-rom,OS (dunno if i forgot smth)

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg

Country: Greece

Parts Preferences: Intel for cpu,nothing special for the rest

Overclocking: Yes

SLI or Crossfire: Yes

Monitor Resolution:1920x1080

Additional Comments: First off,my badget is in Euros,not $ so bare with me.Secondly,i have the Z5500 speakers so after lots of thinking i decided i'll stick to the mobo card with an optical connection.

Case :
CoolerMaster HAF 922 Midi Tower Black

Processor :

Intel Core i7 2600K(s1155, 3,40GHz, 8MB)

Motherboard :
MSI P67A-GD55 B3 (s1155, P67, DDR3)

RAM : (x 2 )
Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3-1600 Kit

GPU : (x 2 )
EVGA GTX 560 Ti FPB (PCI Express ,1 GB GDDR5)

Storage :
OCZ Agility 3 Series 120GB SSD (2.5", Sata 6Gb/s, AGT3-25SAT3-120G)

Corsair Enthusiast Series TX850 V2 850W 80+ Bronze Certified

I would like some people's opinions as i've spent maaany hours deciding these pieces ,seems to me like a "perfect match" but can't be sure enough. I know 16GB of RAM might be a bit of an overkill but still,ram is cheap so why not?
As i mentioned above,i do plan on Overclocking yet i haven't listed some extra fans. I have read that the cpu should be able to bare 4.0 Ghz O.C with the stock fan and the GPUs should be fine (the first out of two might get high heat values but proper airflow should fix it) Conclusion is that i would like to save those extra Euros if possible but i won't avoid it if it's a must. Just if you're gonna give a link,please don't choose the most expensive cooler out there :-)
As for Storage,i do have an external slowpoke hdd worth of 1TB so i'll manage for now. Both coolers and an extra hdd (caviar black) are near-future upgrades,just not yet.

Any advice or opinion much appreciated,thank you in advance!
6 answers Last reply
More about 1300 euros gaming
  1. Don't quote me but i remember some one saying that by using the 1600 ram your warranty on your cpu from intel is voided. If i'm wrong i'm sorry.
  2. Some changes:

    CPU to Intel Core i5 2500K http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115072 - the fastest gaming CPU currently on the market, unless you do hardcore video editing or some veeeery CPU-intensive tasks, you won't need anything better than this.

    RAM to G.Skill Rippjaws DDR3 1600MHz 8gb http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231428 - no tall heatsinks compared to corsair vengeance, so installing heatsinks won't be a problem. For gaming you won't need 16GB of ram, even 4 is enough.

    Everything else seems OK... You can get an HD 7970, which will not perform as good as 2 x 560 ti, but you'll be able to add another one in the future.

    EDIT: You may want to get 1333MHz RAM because of what this guy said.
  3. Phew,thanks for the RAM frequency typ,that was a lifesaver! I do want the i7 because there's a good chance that my brother might be needing a video editing beast for his job in the future,plus that i have gotten addicted to the 2600k i7 ratings...and i want it ;-)
    As for the RAM,same excuse as above plus "i want to be future-proof".i know that Rippjaws series is considered top notch but it seems that it''ll be troublesome for me to get my hands on a pair (again,i'm not buying from newegg for any e-shop)

    Thanks for the replies so far!
  4. You do realize that the ivy bridge (the next step up intels line) is set to release in i think 2 months (some time in april around the 8th i think) You may want to hold off if possible to see what they are bringing out (or at the least let the prices drop a bit hopefully on the sandy bridge line) If it was me i'd hold off until then. If you can not i understand but thought i'd let you know (in case you did not already know)
  5. Core i7 3770 (best ivy bridge at launch) will be 10% better than the 2600k and ~50 bucks more expensive (if i want to be extremely optimistic and suppose it'll ship at 2700k prices) to say the least. Though waiting for it to ship in case prices drop a bit is a valid point...i'll consider it but i doubt i'll have that much patience,hehe.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product