Sign in with
Your question

Haf-x or X-predator?

Last response: in Components
May 23, 2012 5:29:41 PM

Hi, I'm building a new gaming rig and I just can't figure out which is better, Haf-x or X-predator. I mean they are both great cases with lots of space and at 1st I was gonna buy the Haf but then a friend showed me the predator for £30 less and it's bigger with more expansion slots and ever since I've been searching for a catch. So which one is better? and not just by look but actual usage.
p.s. Thanks in advance.

More about : haf predator

May 23, 2012 6:45:10 PM

Hi, I would go with the Predator, It's the best case in the world, Featuring 10 Expansion slots.
Related resources
May 23, 2012 6:51:18 PM

any other reasons?
May 23, 2012 6:54:06 PM

Cyberhawk said:
Hi, I'm building a new gaming rig and I just can't figure out which is better, Haf-x or X-predator. I mean they are both great cases with lots of space and at 1st I was gonna buy the Haf but then a friend showed me the predator for £30 less and it's bigger with more expansion slots and ever since I've been searching for a catch. So which one is better? and not just by look but actual usage.
p.s. Thanks in advance.

I don't have much experience with Aerocool, but they are a relatively new company that offer quite acquired gaming orientated cases. The quality of it seems to be quite largely plastic, so make sure to look up reviews and stuff before you do make the plunge and buy it. That said the cooling on it does look quite interesting, again i'm not sure if it will match upto the HAF X.

As for the HAF X, Coolermaster are a great company shipping many high quality products. If your after cooling I believe that the HAF X performs worse than the 932, so maybe consider that.

Don't get me wrong they are both great cases and will easily cool most systems, unless your going for a multi GPU setup with watercooling etc then I think you should just go with whatever one you prefer.

The Predator is more likely less money due to the materials used, but if you don't mind the plastic then I suppose there isn't a catch.

Maybe check out the Silverstone Raven, that's quite a nice case with some nice features/cooling.

EDIT : Maybe the quality isn't too bad, this review ( http://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/cases_cooling/aeroco... ) Praises the quality of the case. Overall it summed it up as being your standard "good" case from what I can tell.

This is a review for the HAF X also, http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/cooler_master_h....

OP : What is your intended purpose? Are you going to be pushing the specs to the limit with Multi GPU's and rads? If not then don't worry the difference between the high end cases will be minimal for a single GPU / air cooled.
a b ) Power supply
May 23, 2012 6:56:59 PM

for the same money as the X-predator theres the coolermaster storm trooper

had a haf x and would rate this as a better case for £30 less than the haf x
May 23, 2012 7:00:05 PM

Thanks everyone
May 23, 2012 9:49:49 PM

just a note, if you are planing on using all of the fan slots on the predator its probably going to even the prices out.
!