andyw80

Honorable
May 8, 2012
Here is wat im looking for

a device to hook up2 monitors via hdmi keyboard sound mouse

and hook up 2 pcs to device to use.the same equipment and hit switch to decide what pc is using those pieces of equipment

is there such a device

Solution
Yes they're calling KVM switches, granted i am unsure if you can find many HDMI KVMs(even DVI KVMs can be hard to come by).

Searching around on Newegg, i can't find an HDMI KVM that supports more then one monitor. Most KVM's are used to view multiple systems on a single monitor, hence they mostly only come with a single monitor output. Plus i can only find about 6 HDMI KVMs on newegg, all in which won't do what you want since they all only support a single monitor.(plus they're expensive). http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&N=100006688&isNodeId=1&Description=hdmi+kvm+switch&x=0&y=0

You can always get a DVI KVM that has two monitor connections and then get two HDMI to DVI cable to hook them...

CDdude55

Distinguished
Yes they're calling KVM switches, granted i am unsure if you can find many HDMI KVMs(even DVI KVMs can be hard to come by).

Searching around on Newegg, i can't find an HDMI KVM that supports more then one monitor. Most KVM's are used to view multiple systems on a single monitor, hence they mostly only come with a single monitor output. Plus i can only find about 6 HDMI KVMs on newegg, all in which won't do what you want since they all only support a single monitor.(plus they're expensive). http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&N=100006688&isNodeId=1&Description=hdmi+kvm+switch&x=0&y=0

You can always get a DVI KVM that has two monitor connections and then get two HDMI to DVI cable to hook them up to the KVM. But that might be more expensive then what you're after. Cause you will need to find a KVM with two montor connectors as well as two PC connectors.

Or you could just get a keyboard and mouse for one of the systems and not use a KVM switch at all.

Solution