MOre SLI flickering!!!!!!!!!!!

poopoo-peepee

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2011
Ok.
I've tried every fix for this problem under the sun (that problem being that about 50% of games flicker like a strobe light andy in full screen mode, window mode does not flicker at all)

Fixes being.
-Swapping cards over.
-Trying each card individually to see if there's a problem with one (there isn't)
-Swapping sli connection points.
-buying a new sli bridge
-pushing in the sli bridge all the way then pulling it out just a hair (sounds counter intuitive, but a fair amount of people have advocated this in internet land)

So I was wondering what would happen if I put an sli connector on both connection points.
Anyone with similar problems played around with this?

Ps. I'm so fed up with this that I'm posting this same message on every forum I can think of as I've been plagued with this problem randomly since I went sli early this year. Also I'll never be getting a double card solution again...Even though it's sooo much cheaper to upgrade that way.
Based on peoples speculation, would the high end 7xxx ati card be worth purchasing if I can never fix this infuriating problem (as in, would such a card out perform my x2 gtx 470?)

I'll put my rig specs below if that helps.

mobo: asrock extreme6 x58
cpu: core i7 950
gpu(s) gtx 470 gigabyte
ram: 6gb 1600mhz

monsta

Splendid
If the cards are working fine in single mode it makes me think that having two cards in SLI on your system is giving your psu a beating. I suggest you get a better psu and you will find its not your cards that are the problem.

raydog

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2008
Save ur monry. SLI sux. I've sli'd 8800gt's and gtx 460's and all I can tell you is a single card solution will likely get rid of flickering textures. I'm sorry I ever bought an SLI mobo. I coulda saved that money. Lag spikes...sux. Go w/ single card n get smoother frame rates, gameplay, and no flickering textures. When I was getting those flickering textures it was only in the hills of bf3 and always in Company of Heroes. SLI sux! Just returned my 2nd gtx 460 1gb to best buy last night..thank goodness for a full refund. Good deal btw if u can find it in store on clearance. It's a PNY gtx 460 1gb for $124.99....too bad 2 cards suck!!!!!!!

poopoo-peepee

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2011

It's an 850w silverstone strider plus I believe and No they don't.

Cheers. Tried that already though with no luck :(

an 850w silverwater strider plus. My monitor is an HP2711x, before that I was running off a panosonic hd tv.

Mobo is an asrock xtreme6 x58

Forgot to add the psu into the specs.
It's an 850w silverwater strider plus. Which is actually overkill for my system as I intend to overclock it eventually.
The screen only flickers with some games too, and there's been a time when there was no flickering what so ever.
Through blind luck I once plugged into my monitor and it worked fine for a few months, I should have left the thing plugged in when I moved houses, because
I haven't gotten the same luck again...It's completely random!!!
So evidence shows that the psu is not at fault.
There's no heat issue either.

Yeah man, I'm with you there, but while I've got the sli cards, I would like to try my best to find a solution until the next generation of cards come out.
Also, it's not texture flickering (which seems to be the common problem) it's pure strobing. As in the screen shows the picture then goes black over and over at fast speeds.

poopoo-peepee

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2011
:D cheers man. Some people get a bit self riteous about it actually, pretty funny.

Anyway; bios?
I take it that is different to the drivers? Because I've done everything with the drivers, how do I go about updating the bios?
I'm sure google will help me out in that department. ^^

monsta

Splendid
Go to gigabytes website , I see you have Gigabyte cards , and download the bios updater for your cards model number , it will flash and update the bios of the cards to a newer version , its really easy to use and may actually solve your problems. Had to flash mine because I had some issues with BF3.
Bios is different to drivers, its worth having a go.