What would i have paid retail?

demax51

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2012
Just finished my first gaming build and I'm just wondering what i would have paid at retail for something with similar specs. I looked a little bit online and couldnt find something quite like it, so i figured I'd ask the experts ;)

case: Apevia Xplorer2 mid with 5 fans (120mm front intake, 240mm blue led side intake, 1x1mm rear exhaust 2x120mm top exhaust)
cpu: i7 2600k (@4.2) with arctic cooling freezer 13 heatsink
mobo: msi p67a gd65
ram: 16GB (4x4) corsair vengeance
GPU: EVGA gtx 560ti 448 cores classified
boot drive: corsair force series 3 60GB SSD
HDD: western digital caviar blue 320GB
PSU: corsair professional series 750w modular
optical: asus sata 24x dvd burner

Solution
You have the same potential to look this stuff up as I do, so I am going to assume neither of us really wants to do it the hard way.

Given that, I will guesstimate:

Case 30, cpu 300, cpu cooler 40, motherboard 90, ram 50, video card 250, ssd 90, hard drive 70, psu 75, cd 25.

Those are the prices I would guess they would go for online, which total to about $1020.

If you could find those parts in a retail store, they would probably be an average of 25 more per part more if that is what you mean, so that would be about $1270 by my guess. If they were $40 a part more on average that would be $1420 approx.

With those specs, I don't think you could find an OEM computer that would be competitive with that price.

I am not going to bother...
You have the same potential to look this stuff up as I do, so I am going to assume neither of us really wants to do it the hard way.

Given that, I will guesstimate:

Case 30, cpu 300, cpu cooler 40, motherboard 90, ram 50, video card 250, ssd 90, hard drive 70, psu 75, cd 25.

Those are the prices I would guess they would go for online, which total to about $1020.

If you could find those parts in a retail store, they would probably be an average of 25 more per part more if that is what you mean, so that would be about $1270 by my guess. If they were $40 a part more on average that would be $1420 approx.

With those specs, I don't think you could find an OEM computer that would be competitive with that price.

I am not going to bother trying to figure in the cost of the OS, because I am going to guess that you went with an OEM cd if you were going the cheap route and I don't want to get into another legality discussion right now.

Just add whatever you paid for the OS to the above totals.

Solution