Is 750w overkill for sli setup?

My system:
-i5 3570k (overclocked)
-sli 670's (overclocked)
-8gb ripjaws x
-3 hdd's
-1 ssd
-like 7 fans

PSU I just ordered: Seasonic 750w http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151087

Would 750w be overkill, too little, or be fine?
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 750w overkill setup
  1. 750w should be fine

seasonics a great make
  2. yeah that's almost perfect, and nice build i just ordered a Asus GTX 670 Direct CU II TOP, a i5 3570k and a ASRock Z77 Extreme 4, cant wait until they arrive.
  3. Best answer
    For a system using two reference clocked GeForce GTX 670 graphics cards in 2-way SLI mode NVIDIA specifies a minimum of a 700 Watt or greater power supply that has a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 45 Amps or greater and that has at least four 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors.

For overclocked graphics cards I would add at least 7 Amps to the amount recommended above.

The Seasonic X-Series 750W (SS-750KM), with its combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 62 Amps and with four (6+2)-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors, is more than sufficient to power your system configuration with two overclocked GeForce GTX 670 in 2-way SLI mode.

There is enough spare capacity to handle any CPU overclocking you may want to attempt.
  4. Best answer selected by dylwing23.
  5. This topic has been closed by Maziar
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies SLI Intel i5 Hard Drives Components