620w antec psu
sapphire hd 6870
2x 4gb vengeance ram
seagate barracuda HD
crappy dvd player
amd 960t cpu
uber crappy azza orion case
ga-970a-ud3 mobo

i plugged everything in but it won't start up. i mean it starts up makes a few super fast beeps and thts it. nothing on screen but all the fans and lights seem to be working.

WALL OF TXT: i originally had the mobo sound beeper thingy on the wrong way (positive to negative and negative to positive) and it made a dying beep sound. but stilll nothing on screen. i just fixed it and it just makes some super fast beeps. i think its 1 longer beep then 2-3 faster beeps. i read the manual and it said 1 long 2 short = gpu problem. so i switched the gpu with one tht i know works. and still same problem. i checked all wires everything is fine but it just wont show nothing on screen. is my 620w enuff to power my graphix card? i also tried turning on the comp without the gpu and its still the exact same thing. did i fry my mobo or something? but it did power up everything else...with the exception of my cpu fan sometimes turning on and off. but i guess its cuz its too cold for it to keep spinning. plz help :( 

More about : build comp start

February 7, 2012 4:27:17 PM

check your manual for the beeps

m
l
February 7, 2012 4:32:16 PM

i did i think its the gpu but the problem persists even after i replaced it with one i know works and even when i dont have it plugged.
m
l
!