Corsair 600t and motherboard install

Blakexeal

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2012
I finally received all my parts and I'm putting them together, but I came across something I was somewhat confused about. I noticed that corsair didn't provide a motherboard standoff reference sheet like most unboxing videos show. Anyways, there is this extra standoff and it shows an example in a newegg video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=iFUO_RwTDg8
at 6:25 in the video he shows a little nub standoff and says it will keep the motherboard situated while screwing in the other standoffs.
My question is am I supposed to leave that there? I thought standoffs touching areas without grounding holes was bad?
I know this seems like a dumb question, but please bear with me.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811139007
case link for reference

Solution
If I'm understanding your question correctly, yes the standoff you are concerned about should be safe to leave in. It is in a location that shares a common mounting hole with ATX, mATX, and ITX boards. It should fall into an existing mounting hole in any of those boards. All such holes should have a grounding detail associated with them. If, for some reason your board doesn't have a grounding detail in that hole, the remaining holes that do have a grounding detail will suffice for grounding the board.

Are you saying that your board is missing a hole for that standoff?

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
If I'm understanding your question correctly, yes the standoff you are concerned about should be safe to leave in. It is in a location that shares a common mounting hole with ATX, mATX, and ITX boards. It should fall into an existing mounting hole in any of those boards. All such holes should have a grounding detail associated with them. If, for some reason your board doesn't have a grounding detail in that hole, the remaining holes that do have a grounding detail will suffice for grounding the board.

Are you saying that your board is missing a hole for that standoff?

Solution

TRENDING THREADS