Sign in with
Your question

Internet explorer

Last response: in Windows 7
January 6, 2012 10:36:20 PM

When I attempt to open; Internet Explorer it seems to open but when I attempt to open my mail it wont open. It's possible I have a corrupt program. Should I delete from file folders and try and reinstall the program and if so which version? Thank you ahead for your help.

More about : internet explorer

a b $ Windows 7
January 6, 2012 11:47:46 PM

Try disabling all non Microsoft add-ons this often fixes problems with Internet Explorer. Also in the security set all options to default, you must be able to accept cookies for web mail to work.
January 18, 2012 6:51:51 PM

Thank you for your response but it still didn't work. I have tried down loading Internet explorer 9 (I have windows 7) but it doesn't seem to default and take over the existing internet explorer I have. I believe that the internet explorer on my computer is either corrupt or has missing files.
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
January 18, 2012 11:06:03 PM

Something is very wrong with your Windows installation, I have encountered many problems with Windows 7 but not the ones that you described. Two possibilities spring to mind either you have faulty memory or you have (had) a virus on your computer that has corrupted system files. Try running a memory test program such as memtest86 4.0a overnight and running the free version of malwarebytes anti virus software also try running in a dos box as the administrator "SFC /SCANNOW"
a b $ Windows 7
January 19, 2012 12:20:48 AM

lowem99 said:
Thank you for your response but it still didn't work. I have tried down loading Internet explorer 9 (I have windows 7) but it doesn't seem to default and take over the existing internet explorer I have. I believe that the internet explorer on my computer is either corrupt or has missing files.

If you had IE8, and upgraded to IE9, it shouldn't need to assume default over the other version, because the other version should no longer exist. You may want to check the IE version, to verify that the IE9 installation completed. Just go to the help menu, and click on the 'about IE' option.

January 26, 2012 1:45:18 PM

MY .DLL IS CORRUPT THEREFORE I HAVE CHOSEN TO USE GOOGLE CHROME. THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP
!