PS question please help.

carson45

Distinguished
May 15, 2007
Hello I have a Dell 4550, I am not sure what the power supply is in it but I want to purchase a SAPPHIRE Radeon X1950PRO 512MB. I want to upgrade my video but I dont wanna go pci e. I currently have a Geforce FX 5900, Ive had it since this card came out and the power supply seems to be ok. Will I be ok to buy this card? or do I have to replace the PS. Can I put aftermarket PS in a dell case? Thanks

Hello I have a Dell 4550, I am not sure what the power supply is in it but I want to purchase a SAPPHIRE Radeon X1950PRO 512MB. I want to upgrade my video but I dont wanna go pci e. I currently have a Geforce FX 5900, Ive had it since this card came out and the power supply seems to be ok. Will I be ok to buy this card? or do I have to replace the PS. Can I put aftermarket PS in a dell case? Thanks

I want to upgrade my video but I dont wanna go pci e.

You do realize your Dell 4550 supports AGP 4x and will not support a PCI-E video card. Should you upgrade the video card to an AGP 1950 and find your PSU running hot or your system crashing, you would need a more powerful PSU. I don't know the answer about upgrading a Dell PSU with an aftermarket unit.