Sign in with
Your question

Upgrading from a Radeon HD 4350 on a Dell Studio 435MT

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 9, 2011 2:22:12 AM

Hi,

I have seen some other threads on power supplies for the Dell Studio 435MT, but first, I'm not sure what card I should get to replace my Radeon HD 4350. The Dell case is MT and is pretty tight, so heat is a big issue. I also need a power supply that will fit snug in the case without having to worry about it being too big or making modifications to the case.

I wouldn't have touched the computer because I don't play computer games much anymore. However, I tried playing Star Wars: The Old Republic and the game was unplayable. I also remember when I got the computer (3 years ago I think?) that I couldn't play the first Mass Effect and was pretty upset about it (considering the game was already old at the time I bought the computer). So, it's not like I need an amazing card to play Witcher 2 or anything like that. I'm just looking for a reasonably priced card and PSU that will work with the Studio 435MT. I guess 200-250 for the card max is probably a good range.

Sorry for the lack of computer savvy. I've never built my own system, and when I have fooled around with a computer, it was in a classroom where it didn't matter much if I broke it (which I didn't, but still). I just know I was surprised by how tight everything is in the Studio 435MT when I upgraded my HDD. So I'm not really sure if the size of the card should be a big concern too.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated,

Ian
a c 153 U Graphics card
a b ) Power supply
December 9, 2011 3:48:24 AM

This is your case and computer?

m
l
Related resources
December 9, 2011 9:14:18 AM

Yes, that's my computer. Yeah, it is good - it's just as far as upgrading it, I'm concerned I'll screw that up haha.
m
l
August 23, 2012 4:58:56 PM

My old 435MT desktop case fit the Sapphire Radeon HD 5770 GPU with no problem. Later I upgraded to a MSI GTX570 Twin Frozr II card, which I was able to fit in, but due to poor airflow in the stock case, the GTX570 was running 70-80's Celcius under load. After upgrading the case to Rosewill Challenger ($30 on sale), I was able to move all of my 435MT components into the case, and the card now runs under 60C
m
l
!