GTX 560 just stopped working

Xaliant

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2011
Hello,
I was in the middle of a game and I suddenly got a black screen, after restarting my computer nothing would display, so I plugged my monitor into my asus motherboard's built in graphics, and looked at my device manager, my 560 ti, is no where on this list, after pulling the panel off the side, it's still running the fan is still moving and it's still right in the pc slot, and I simply don't know what to do. the driver I use is the one on the disc, it's been working for the last few weeks now. Any help would be awesome.

Xaliant

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2011
I had one built,

Asus P8P67 - mother board

Core I7 2600 (3.4GHz, 8MB Cache, 4C / 4T) - processor

Corsair DDR3 1600 MHZ 8GB -ram

EVGA GTX560 Ti SC 1.0GB GDDR5 -Card

Cooler Master CM690 - case

OCZ 850 Watt GameXstream (OCZ850GXSSLI)- PSU

Windows 7 Professional 64bit

I tried the drivers off the site, and they couldn't even detect the card, it's like all of a sudden the card just vanished from the device manager all together, it's not even showing as unrecognized.

soloburrito

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2011
Physically remove the GPU and re-install it into the motherboard. I was having a lot of issues with my 560 Ti awhile back. Haven't had a problem since re-seating it. I hope that's all it is in your case as well.

ArasTM

Honorable
Dec 1, 2013
I've got the same problem recently. The PC was running with the GPU for quite some time, so it shouldn't be a lack of power, probably a dead GPU. Any suggestions or tests that you guys know of that could check that out? Thanks.