Coverage in Dominican Republic

Tags:
Last response: in Technologies
January 31, 2005 10:56:06 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.gsm,alt.cellular.gsm.carriers.voicestream (More info?)

My parents are going to Dominican Republic in a week, and I need to know
whether they will need triband phones. T-Mobile USA site lists only Orange
as the roaming partner there, and their frequency is listed as 1900/1800
MHz. Do they really run their network in both these bands over there? Are
there any other operators?

--

\/ L /\ D
Anonymous

Vlad Andreyev wrote:
> My parents are going to Dominican Republic in a week, and I need to know
> whether they will need triband phones. T-Mobile USA site lists only Orange
> as the roaming partner there, and their frequency is listed as 1900/1800
> MHz. Do they really run their network in both these bands over there? Are
> there any other operators?

Apparently not:

http://www.prepaidgsm.net/en/dominicana.html

and....

Orange Dominicana S.A. - Roaming Partners

http://www.gsmworld.com/roaming/gsminfo/roa_dotp.shtml

United States

Cingular Wireless GSM 1900

T-Mobile USA, Inc GSM 1900

AT&T Wireless PCS LLC (Cingular Wireless)GSM 850/1900
Anonymous
February 1, 2005 2:38:56 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.gsm,alt.cellular.gsm.carriers.voicestream (More info?)

> Vlad Andreyev wrote:
>
>> My parents are going to Dominican Republic in a week, and I need to
>> know whether they will need triband phones. T-Mobile USA site lists
>> only Orange as the roaming partner there, and their frequency is
>> listed as 1900/1800 MHz. Do they really run their network in both
>> these bands over there? Are there any other operators?

I'm sure it depends where exactly they're going. I had a fairly strong
Orange signal from Puerto Plata to Cabarete, but I had a tri-band phone
so I'm not sure if it was on 1900 or 1800 MHz.
February 2, 2005 1:07:07 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.gsm,alt.cellular.gsm.carriers.voicestream (More info?)

I´ve been to the Dominican Republic (went to Bayahibe) in december 2004 and
i had a GSM 900/1800 dualband telephone and it worked perfect on Orange.
Orange is the only operator and it´s running a 1800/1900 network.

Bye

!