minor problem

Just a small problem, but it is pretty annoying.

In the taskbar and Start Meun Properties, there is one item called 'keep the
taskbar on top of other windows', it automatically resets when everytime i
turn on my computer, I want to always keep the taskbar up other windows, so
right now I just click the box everytime i start windows.

Another problem is, my system will reset my desktop preference like 'auto
arrange', 'arrange icons by', like the problem i mentioned above.

The last problem is, my system will also reset my volume icon: that is, we
can select whether to show the volume icon or not down the right of the
taskbar. I want to show my volume icon everytime so i need to click the
control panel, then volume to click the box of "place the volume icon..."

Basically, I think they are the same problem, I know it's something about my
registry but I don't know how to set the value, can someone please help me
out on this??? thanks in advance

*I had installed object desktop before, I think it leads to the problem.....
3 answers Last reply
More about minor problem

    Hi Harry,

    Added info:

    KB840374 - Tampers with the Volume/Net Icons

    Restore Volume and Net Icon to Notification Area (Line 320)

    Troubleshooting the Volume Control Icon
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_v.htm#volume

    Volume Icon Is Displayed Incorrectly in the Notification Area After the
    Computer Resumes from Standby
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;828694&Product=winxp

    Troubleshooting the Notification Area
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_n.htm#na

    Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!
    All the Best,
    Kelly

    Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP

    Troubleshooting Windows XP

    "Harry" <pimpin_youhoe@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Just a small problem, but it is pretty annoying.
    >
    > In the taskbar and Start Meun Properties, there is one item called 'keep
    > the taskbar on top of other windows', it automatically resets when
    > everytime i turn on my computer, I want to always keep the taskbar up
    > other windows, so right now I just click the box everytime i start
    > windows.
    >
    > Another problem is, my system will reset my desktop preference like 'auto
    > arrange', 'arrange icons by', like the problem i mentioned above.
    >
    > The last problem is, my system will also reset my volume icon: that is, we
    > can select whether to show the volume icon or not down the right of the
    > taskbar. I want to show my volume icon everytime so i need to click the
    > control panel, then volume to click the box of "place the volume icon..."
    >
    > Basically, I think they are the same problem, I know it's something about
    > my registry but I don't know how to set the value, can someone please help
    > me out on this??? thanks in advance
    >
    > *I had installed object desktop before, I think it leads to the
    > problem.....

    Try
    Line #54 - Save Settings on Exit

    "Harry" <pimpin_youhoe@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Just a small problem, but it is pretty annoying.
    >
    > In the taskbar and Start Meun Properties, there is one item called 'keep the
    > taskbar on top of other windows', it automatically resets when everytime i turn on
    > my computer, I want to always keep the taskbar up other windows, so right now I
    > just click the box everytime i start windows.
    >
    > Another problem is, my system will reset my desktop preference like 'auto arrange',
    > 'arrange icons by', like the problem i mentioned above.
    >
    > The last problem is, my system will also reset my volume icon: that is, we can
    > select whether to show the volume icon or not down the right of the taskbar. I want
    > to show my volume icon everytime so i need to click the control panel, then volume
    > to click the box of "place the volume icon..."
    >
    > Basically, I think they are the same problem, I know it's something about my
    > registry but I don't know how to set the value, can someone please help me out on
    > this??? thanks in advance
    >
    > *I had installed object desktop before, I think it leads to the problem.....

    Thanks for helps!!!

    "Harry" <pimpin_youhoe@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Just a small problem, but it is pretty annoying.
    >
    > In the taskbar and Start Meun Properties, there is one item called 'keep
    > the taskbar on top of other windows', it automatically resets when
    > everytime i turn on my computer, I want to always keep the taskbar up
    > other windows, so right now I just click the box everytime i start
    > windows.
    >
    > Another problem is, my system will reset my desktop preference like 'auto
    > arrange', 'arrange icons by', like the problem i mentioned above.
    >
    > The last problem is, my system will also reset my volume icon: that is, we
    > can select whether to show the volume icon or not down the right of the
    > taskbar. I want to show my volume icon everytime so i need to click the
    > control panel, then volume to click the box of "place the volume icon..."
    >
    > Basically, I think they are the same problem, I know it's something about
    > my registry but I don't know how to set the value, can someone please help
    > me out on this??? thanks in advance
    >
    > *I had installed object desktop before, I think it leads to the
    > problem.....

Configuration Taskbar Windows XP