Hi, Is there a shortcut, vb script, or run command I can use to turn off my
monitor?

Thanks, John,

Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

1.Windows key, u, s
2. ctrl esc u s
1and 2 are for Start, Turnoff computer, Standby

To Hybernate, Run: %windir%\System32\rundll32.exe
powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState
Michael
"John Paul" <JohnPaul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, Is there a shortcut, vb script, or run command I can use to turn off
> my
> monitor?
>

> Thanks, John,

kelly

Hi John,

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Desktop]
"PowerOffActive"="1"

Enable Monitor Power-off on Logon Screen (Line 160)

All the Best,
Kelly

Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

"John Paul" <JohnPaul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, Is there a shortcut, vb script, or run command I can use to turn off
> my
> monitor?
>

> Thanks, John,

Thanks Kelly.

What exactly does that do?

Do you run that each time you want the monitor to trun off?

Thanks, John.

buneyha

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2009
omg, you MVP are so n00b!!

what john wants to know is, is there a way to put his monitor to standby on demand.
I know there's a way to do it but i'm not sure how.

in c# u can definetly do it.
i'm sure vb script you can also.
there are also free software outthere that allows you to do this.