Turn off monitor

Hi, Is there a shortcut, vb script, or run command I can use to turn off my
monitor?

Thanks, John,
4 answers Last reply
More about turn monitor

    1.Windows key, u, s
    2. ctrl esc u s
    1and 2 are for Start, Turnoff computer, Standby

    To Hybernate, Run: %windir%\System32\rundll32.exe
    powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState
    Michael
    "John Paul" <JohnPaul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi, Is there a shortcut, vb script, or run command I can use to turn off
    > my
    > monitor?
    >

    > Thanks, John,

    Hi John,

    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

    [HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Desktop]
    "PowerOffActive"="1"

    Enable Monitor Power-off on Logon Screen (Line 160)

    All the Best,
    Kelly

    Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    "John Paul" <JohnPaul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi, Is there a shortcut, vb script, or run command I can use to turn off
    > my
    > monitor?
    >

    > Thanks, John,

    Thanks Kelly.

    What exactly does that do?

    Do you run that each time you want the monitor to trun off?

    Thanks, John.
  4. omg, you MVP are so n00b!!

    what john wants to know is, is there a way to put his monitor to standby on demand.
    I know there's a way to do it but i'm not sure how.

    in c# u can definetly do it.
    i'm sure vb script you can also.
    there are also free software outthere that allows you to do this.

Configuration VBScript Microsoft Command Prompt Customization Monitors Windows XP