Turn off monitor

a b C Monitor
September 21, 2004 11:35:02 PM

Hi, Is there a shortcut, vb script, or run command I can use to turn off my
monitor?

Thanks, John,

More about : turn monitor

September 22, 2004 4:05:29 AM

1.Windows key, u, s
2. ctrl esc u s
1and 2 are for Start, Turnoff computer, Standby

To Hybernate, Run: %windir%\System32\rundll32.exe
powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState
Michael
"John Paul" <JohnPaul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, Is there a shortcut, vb script, or run command I can use to turn off
> my
> monitor?
>

> Thanks, John,
September 22, 2004 6:41:15 PM

Hi John,

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Desktop]
"PowerOffActive"="1"

Enable Monitor Power-off on Logon Screen (Line 160)

All the Best,
Kelly

Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

"John Paul" <JohnPaul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, Is there a shortcut, vb script, or run command I can use to turn off
> my
> monitor?
>

> Thanks, John,
a b C Monitor
September 22, 2004 8:55:02 PM

Thanks Kelly.

What exactly does that do?

Do you run that each time you want the monitor to trun off?

Thanks, John.
January 5, 2009 10:20:39 AM

omg, you MVP are so n00b!!

what john wants to know is, is there a way to put his monitor to standby on demand.
I know there's a way to do it but i'm not sure how.

in c# u can definetly do it.
i'm sure vb script you can also.
there are also free software outthere that allows you to do this.
!