PCIe fitting problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

araren

Honorable
May 24, 2012
Hello,

Just to start off with, this is my first time building.

This may be a dumb for me to ask help for, but I'm having trouble fitting my ASUS PCE-N15 network adapter onto my motherboard while it's in my case. There is probably no more than 1mm stopping the card from fitting in the PCIe port.

I have an ASUS z68-gen 3 mobo within a Corsair 500r case.

Am I just *** out of luck? I've tried taking out the mobo and adjusting it. It led to my realizing there was no way for the mobo to be screwed in correctly and the adapter to fit (unless I'm doing something wrong).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Solution
As long as the mobo is on the standoffs correctly, it should fit, take the card out and tweak the pci bracket in slightly to allow contact, the screw it down tight :)
Moto

araren

Honorable
May 24, 2012

I'll definitely try to see if that works. Before I do though...won't that put a lot of pressure on the mobo? I've been scared of accidentally breaking it after coming this far, but I may just be worrying about nothing.

araren

Honorable
May 24, 2012

Sorry it took so long for me to reply. I messed with the metal bracket and then toyed around with the screws on the actual PCIe card. This fixed the problem. Thank you so much for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.