Are Cooler Master R4 SikleFlow's any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution

what cpu cooler do you have? i at one time tried a R4 cm blue led fan on my hyper 212 plus cpu cooler,and i found coz it only has a 3pin connector it was running at high speed so it was too noisey,i fitted the original hyper 212 fan which has a 4 pin connector for the cpu header on the motherboard so it increases speed when the temps increase,if i was you i would probably put a window side panel or simply remove the fan from the panel,and maybe you can add a r4 to the rear but this may not be quieter...

mrclownface

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2009

what type of case do you have? i use coolermaster fans,including the r4 and i think they are good fans,but i also regulate the speed with a fan controller and my asrock motherboard software,this helps me to get a compromise between airflow and noise

timarp000

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2011

I have the CM Storm Sniper And the gigabyte z77 ud5h

mrclownface

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2009

that is a very good case you have,i beleive it also has a built in fan controller,is it the noise from the 200mm fans that is a problem for you,i found with my cm storm enforcer,the original front 200mm fan was a bit noisey,i put this in the top of the case and slow down the speed to reduce noise, and purchased another 200mm cm fan for the front,this seems rather quiet..i recently tied an experiment and removed the 200mm fan at the front and fitted 2 120mm coolermaster fans and found this to be alot more noisey than the 200mm fan,so i refitted the 200mm fan again

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9_215&products_id=11307

timarp000

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2011

The rear 120mm and the fan on my cpu cooler is loud, if i buy 4 r4's ill put one on the bottom, one in the back and 2 on the cpu cooler to make it push-pull...

What if i install the window side panel? Will it reduce any noise?

mrclownface

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2009

what cpu cooler do you have? i at one time tried a R4 cm blue led fan on my hyper 212 plus cpu cooler,and i found coz it only has a 3pin connector it was running at high speed so it was too noisey,i fitted the original hyper 212 fan which has a 4 pin connector for the cpu header on the motherboard so it increases speed when the temps increase,if i was you i would probably put a window side panel or simply remove the fan from the panel,and maybe you can add a r4 to the rear but this may not be quieter than what you have already..i simply have 1x 200mm in the front,1x 200mm at the top,and one R4 120mm blue led at the rear..this 3 fan set up runs rather quiet with good temps..looking at your last idea,this would mean you would have 4x 120mm fans plus 2x 200mm fans..this would probably create more noise that you dont want...btw i regulate the cpu fan speed via my asrock software so it is very quiet at idle temps

Solution

timarp000

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2011

Can i connect r4 to cm storm sniper fan controller?

Status
Not open for further replies.