Sign in with
Your question

Gaming Beast Build - Update Pc Parts

Last response: in Systems
February 8, 2012 5:15:27 AM

Hey Everybody! :) 

I'd like to update my 2009 Build which currently has the following parts:

Processor: Core i7 920@Stock Speeds (Water cooling for future)

MotherBoard:Asus P6T-SE

RAM: Corsair 1333MHZ 3*2GB=6GB

HardDrive: Western Digital Caviar Green 1TB 7200RPM?

Graphics Card: Sapphire Vaporx 4890

Case: Cooler Master HAF 922

NOTES:

So I'd Like to get a better graphics card which can run Triple Screen either Surround by NVIDIA or Eyefinity by AMD/ATI
More RAM
Looking at a Hybrid SSD and a SSD just for running and holding my games and OS (I don't keep TOO many Games)
A nice looking Water Cooling System.
P.S I REALLY like the look of the Thermaltake GT Snow Edition Case :D 
February 8, 2012 12:29:42 PM

6GB RAM is fine, I would leave that as it is personally. Your case is fine as well, I would just get a better graphics card and grab a SSD.

I would go for dual cards for a 3 monitor setup as well personally, 2 x HD 6950 2GB would be great if your budget allows (and your PSU can handle it). If you have a really high budget then getting a couple of 7900 series cards would be nice.

For the SSD I normally recommend the Crucial and Samsung models since they are among the fastest SSD's while still being pretty reliable. They're a bit more expensive than Vertex 3's etc. but worth it in my opinion.
m
l
February 8, 2012 1:48:14 PM

Forgot to add this Part: :whistle: 

Approximate Purchase Date: This Month

Budget Range: $1500 - $2000 max

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, Movies, Surfing the Net, Music, Folding@Home

Parts Not Required: keyboard, mouse, speakers, OS, Core i7 920 CPU (unless necessary), MotherBoard, Asus P6TSE (again unless needed)

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Australian Suppliers if possible

Parts Preferences: No Preference

Overclocking: Yes

SLI or Crossfire: Yes

Monitor Resolution:1920x1200

Additional Comments: I would like to be able to run Battlefield 3 and Crysis 2 on MAX settings and if possible Triple Screen. Eyefinity is not a MUST but it would be nice to have.

I really would love some help on this.
I have been looking at the new cards and processors and Motherboards and so on... but i'm a little confused.
It took me a good part of 3 Months in 2009 to choose the products I needed for my Setup at the time.

Thanks for reading Guys and Gals,

Reaux
m
l
Related resources
February 8, 2012 2:06:31 PM

how about msi n560gtx-ti twin frozr II/OC 2GB in sli is good if not grab a sapphire hd 6970 in xfire if budget allows

keep the ram,

buy a corsair force gt 120gb sata3 6gb/s SSD, i use on in all my system and test system and works wonder.

but there are other better since maybe i'm just lucky with it.

a single 120gb ssd is more than enough of your gaming need/os boot and stuff since you did say you don't keep much games, but with your budget

get these xfx 7970 (dual fans if you can grab ones) if not the xfx 7970 is good or the sapphrie 7970 (2 of those bad girls will B-slap any games or whatever you trow at it left and right) thats all you need, just get a single 120gb ssd crucial/corsair which are the brands i used and works well for me, then dual sapphire/xfx 7970, it will really mop the floor with any games and still have the strength to mop the floor with your expectations as it will blast your expectations away and prove to have more kick with it and it fits your budget
m
l
February 8, 2012 2:17:53 PM

I think your motherboard, Proc and case are fine for what you're wanting. I would upgrade the ram to 8 GB (16 would be overkill for your needs) though. They designed BF3 to run on Nvidia cards, but I would recommend going with one of the Radeon 7000 series for performance and support of 3 or more monitors. I like ASUS' card design because it uses dual fans for cooling, here's the one I would get:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168....

It will cover up 3 slots so bear that in mind when you look at your board layout. That's a little bit of overkill but it will get the job done and leave you with plenty of room for future games without feeling like you need to SLI 2 cards together. If you have any friends stateside, you can use newegg and have them forward the package to you. Otherwise, I think Amazon ships internationally so that would be another option to explore.
m
l
February 8, 2012 2:55:53 PM

Here is BF3 performance with different GPUs.
http://www.guru3d.com/article/amd-radeon-hd-7970-review...

If you can find the 590 at a good price I would go with that. You can see its runs BF3 the best and it has 3 DVI connection built on card, so it's ready for triple monitors. Plus it only uses one pci-e slot so you won't have any problems with ur mobo SLIing from multiple slots.

Buy one more 2gb ram.

Wait till SSD come down in price. Too expensive for what they do. They will get faster and cheaper later.
m
l
April 23, 2013 3:42:37 AM

So I eventually ended up getting a AMD 7970 which runs GREAT!
But now, I'm trying to run Arma III which SHOULD run fine, but my stock clocked cpu just CANNOT handle it.
I want to watercool and overclock.

I have NO idea how to do this or where to start, the internet and toms hardware seems OVERLOADED with topics on this and I don't even know where to start... :??: 

Can someone help?
m
l
!