Connection to handle 1920x1080 at 120hz

Hello, I want the best connection to use the 1920x1080 resolution, at 120 Hz (Using nvidia 3D). Is the DVI Dual-Link capable of handle it perfect? or is better the HDMI (1.3, 1.4...?). I am thinking in to purchase the "BenQ XL2410T" Monitor. Thanks for your time.
6 answers Last reply
More about connection handle 1920x1080 120hz
  1. I believe Display port is the only one that handle that type of bandwidth required.
  2. Here check this out:

    http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/3d-vision-requirements-uk.html

    Oh and apparently I was wrong?! Man this 3D stuff is kind of confusing...lol.
  3. Chainzsaw said:
    I believe Display port is the only one that handle that type of bandwidth required.


    Thanks. Yes, the Display Port has 10.o Gbit/s of brandwith, is better than the DVI Dual-Link with 7.4 Gbit/s. But the gtx460 does not has Display Port, I am wrong?
  4. Chainzsaw said:
    Here check this out:

    http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/3d-vision-requirements-uk.html

    Oh and apparently I was wrong?! Man this 3D stuff is kind of confusing...lol.


    haha, yes, its very confused. And almost I am seeing in this links that too many monitors does not support HDMI 1.4.Its rare... thanks
  5. Dual Link DVI is the only option. HDMI 1.4 only does 720p at 120hz or 1080p at 60hz, and as you said display port is not an option.
  6. benski said:
    Dual Link DVI is the only option. HDMI 1.4 only does 720p at 120hz or 1080p at 60hz, and as you said display port is not an option.


    Tanks you very much.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Connection Resolution Graphics