Computer shuts down whenever i play games !! Vid included

Blamdaller

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
Hello Forum !. I recently began having an issue with my computer. Everytime i try and play a game, it usually shuts down the computer Please see my video i explain everything in there, aswell as showing when it shuts down ! thanks !

:bounce:

JesseFK

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2011
It could be several things.

PSU might be going bad (Which would be my 1st guess).
RAM may be having issues (Run windows memory diagnostics in windows 7.) start menu > Programs > Administrative tools > Windows Memory Diagnostics.

It doesn't sound like it's overheating and with that hardware, it doesn't seem too power hungry.

Is this happening with every game? Maybe try running 3dmark 2006 benchmark and see if this still happens. Hope this gives you some ideas to check.

Blamdaller

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
Hey guys thanks for the fast response. I just tried running a windows experience score thingy... And it shuts down on that aswell, with no increase over 56 degrees on both cpu and gpu. SO its getting a overload on somthing, i just peeled down my psu and removed all dust, will run a ram and experience test again.

Blamdaller

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012

Nope nothing is overclocked, when i narrow everything down, i can only come to the concluison that it might be the PSU .. But i really dont wanna buy a new one and the problem persists, watch my video to see the specs ..

Core i5 756 2666mhz
gts 250 nvidia Geforce
600 watt's Raptorx psu

JesseFK

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2011
Is there a PSU you could borrow from another computer just for a little bit? So you don't buy a new one and find out that didn't fix it.

Blamdaller

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012

I'm afraid not. But i ran the memory diagnostics, and at windows startup it just said that there was something wrong with the memory. And tried clicking the banner it showed. But there didnt pop anything up.

JesseFK

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2011
Try taking out 2 of the sticks and run it again. Then you can see if you can narrow it down to a stick.

If it doesn't seem to be one stick, it still could be the PSU... Also make sure to set the BIOS to default settings then change what you need to make the OS boot.