A clock interrupt was not received bsod; faulty cores?

teej

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2011
As i'm about to buy a gpu i thought i'd look at unlocking the cores on my 560be again. Even though i can get it to boot into windows once i bump the voltage up to 1.5 it bsods once i open a program or perform a task.

The message is: A clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor within the allocated time interval. Stop 0x00000101...

I've tried various tweaks in the bios and disabling the cores but it's always the same result but the higher i go the further it gets. But again once i stress test it with Prime 95 bsods.

How can i determine whether it's the cpu and not something else? I've read Windows play well with core unlocking so i'm wondering if there may be an issue on the software side.

What would be the next thing to tweak in the bios to try and get it more stable and should i be going higher than 1.5v? Thanks!

teej

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2011
I forgot to post my system specs: Asus asus m4a78lt-m le, 4gb Corsair ram, 560 be, AMD 300 igp.

I'm up to 1.5250VCore and it does get more stable with each increase but should i be going this high? Is 1.5750 ok? I'm using an Arctic Freezer 2.1 aftermarket cooler. Next i'm trying to disable cores but i tried all this previously without going so high with the Vcore and nothing else seemed to improve stability then so i left it.

I'm assuming it's faulty cores so i'm systematically stress testing each one. Core 2 caused a bsod so i think i'm getting somewhere! :D

suemccartin

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2006
I'm battling that one on a new rig I just built AMD 990FX-UD5 with a AMD 9370 vishera, corsair vengeance 8 gig ram. I've been reading a lot of forums and the suggested solutions are all over the place. In my case I can run games and test beds for hours just fine but the second I open a browser or something like microsoft office it craps. I found one post that the guy said his issue was power management, turned it off and all was great. I went into the bios and shut off cool n quiet and uninstalled the "green" utility that the gigabyte disk installed, also went to the latest bios that's still beta. After I shut off the power management stuff it's run longer than ever. I started up a streaming radio program this morning before work, it was running when I left and I hope when I go home I won't find another bsod. I wish I could call the dog up and ask him if the radio was still going.... Power management would sort of tend to make sense based on the verbage of the error message and a game or a test bed would put a load on the cpu so that power management wouldn't kick in like it would do on a low load application like a web browser.

There's a reason why cores are locked on that processor; they are not guaranteed to work. I'm guessing you simply have a CPU with a bad locked core. If you purchased the CPU on the assumption you could unlock it and everything would be OK, well, I'm sorry to disappoint you.