Need a 570. And advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

xii4obear

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2011
Msi twin frozr III gtx 570 vs plain vanilla reference 570 vs reference 580 vs evga 570 super clocked vs palit 570 sonic platinium? Which one do you think I should get?

Solution
Antec, Corsair, Seasonic, XFX, PC Power and Cooling, Silver Stone. Some OCZ and Cooler Master units are good too, but some of their lower end/older units are junk.

xii4obear

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2011
Oh hi helltech :D I remember you as the person who gave me advice to get 570 instead of 580.

P55ud3p
I7 860
1920x1080
600w psu (which I'm gonna change soon. I hope.)

What I want is basically a card that can be used now with my current psu. And we don't have evga's lifetime warranty here :(

As for budget, all of the above are within my budget. Don't really care about scrimping and saving a few dollars.

I've heard on another thread that the 2 fan cards usually redirects heat inside the case while the reference card directs heat outside the case. Is this true? Also. I have a full atx antec case if that matters.

Helltech

Distinguished
I'd also get the Twin Frozr, its a great cooler and it look amazing. Yes it redirects the hot air into the case but if you have any kind of remotely decent case and air cooling structure you will be fine. The Windforce (Gigabyte) and DirectCU (ASUS) coolers are also good choices.

Helltech

Distinguished
Then why not recommend a Mars II in that case? Or the GTX 590?

The point being, just because you don't have a budget doesn't mean you buy something that is 10 percent more powerful for 1.75 times the cost. The only way I'd ever recommend a GTX 580 is if you need the 3GB version for extremely high resolutions. Just my opinion, I don't like spend other people's money, however.

Warmacblu

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2011

If budget is of no concern, I like to recommend the fastest single core graphics card available at the time of purchase. This allows for the most resale value in the future and possible "future proofing", if you believe that even exists.

I completely understand where you are coming from, there is absolutely no point in a GTX 580 over a GTX 570 from a price to performance ratio. But I implore you to look at it from a different point of view, some people just want the best that their money can buy. In this case, the best single core graphics card out there is the GTX 580; sure it may be unreasonably expensive and most would consider it a waste of money, but some people are willing to pay that premium for the few extra frames.

Lastly, I don't know why you keep saying that we like to spend other people's money. I am simply offering my advice and supporting it with a personal opinion. I am in no way forcing another person to spend more money then necessary.

xii4obear

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2011
Oh my guys. Calm down. I should be getting the msi card then, and then in future, will sli or just get completely new cards. Thanks for all the expert advice. Oh and another thing. What brand of psu should I be looking at?

Status
Not open for further replies.