joan

I don't want to use any User profiles for my pc. Not even
for myself. I want to delete my user profile. How can I
customize my pc to not use any user profiles.

Windows XP requires at least one User account. If you attempt
to delete them all, you'll not be able to use Windows XP.

Why you should not run your computer as an administrator:

When you run Microsoft Windows XP using the Computer administrator account,
your computer is more vulnerable to viruses and other security risks than when you
use the Limited account. For example, if you are using the Computer administrator
account when you visit a Web site that contains a virus, a Trojan horse might be installed
on your computer where it could do things like reformat your hard drive, delete all your
files, or create a new user account with administrative access. By contrast, if you are using
the Limited account when you visit an Internet site that contains a virus, your computer is
less likely to be infected by it.

User Accounts That You Create During Setup Are Administrator Account Types
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;293834&Product=winxp

How To Create and Configure User Accounts in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;279783&Product=winxp

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"joan" wrote:

|I don't want to use any User profiles for my pc. Not even
| for myself. I want to delete my user profile. How can I
| customize my pc to not use any user profiles.

Hi

What account are you going to use if you haven't got any user profiles?

--

Will Denny
MVP - Windows Shell/User