Can't decide between the Canon EOS 1DsMk11, the Nikon D2X,..

Last response: in Digital Camera
May 23, 2005 11:10:00 PM

Which one should I go for, I wonder?

Is there by any chance - although highly unlikely I know - amongst you a
wise and learned man, maybe someone who is intimately acquainted with all
things Sigma, a prophet not recognised in his own land, who might make up my
mind for me?

Carrigman
Anonymous
May 23, 2005 11:10:01 PM

"carrigman" <carrigman@deathtospammershotmail.com> wrote in message
news:D 6t69k$v1r$1@reader01.news.esat.net...
> Which one should I go for, I wonder?
>
> Is there by any chance - although highly unlikely I know - amongst you a
> wise and learned man, maybe someone who is intimately acquainted with all
> things Sigma, a prophet not recognised in his own land, who might make up
> my mind for me?
>
> Carrigman

Hahahaha!!

Nice try, troll.

Your ONLY other post (not in this thread, and one of only 4 total posts to
this NG) said:

"Why don't you look at the indepth reviews and comparisons of these cameras
in www.dpreview.com and www.steves-digicams.com and make up your mind?

Carrigman "

Isn't it funny how you'd forget so quickly your own advice?
You're not fooling anyone...

What a joke...
Anonymous
May 23, 2005 11:10:01 PM

In article <d6t69k$v1r$1@reader01.news.esat.net>, carrigman
<carrigman@deathtospammershotmail.com> wrote:

> Which one should I go for, I wonder?

Anything *but* Sigma.
May 24, 2005 12:25:14 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?)

"carrigman" <carrigman@deathtospammershotmail.com> wrote in
news:D 6t69k$v1r$1@reader01.news.esat.net:

> Which one should I go for, I wonder?

Sigma SD10, hands down.
Anonymous
May 24, 2005 12:25:15 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?)

Jeez, that was quick.

There I was doing a little fishing, not expecting a bite for some time
when... whoa! Preddy takes it hook, line and sinker!

Straught on to the bank. Whack! Whack! Whack!

Now, should I stuff it or eat it?

Carrigman

"George Preddy" <george.preddy@gmail.com> wrote in message
> "carrigman" <carrigman@deathtospammershotmail.com> wrote in
> news:D 6t69k$v1r$1@reader01.news.esat.net:
>
>> Which one should I go for, I wonder?
>
> Sigma SD10, hands down.
May 24, 2005 12:25:15 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?)

SD-10 : garbage

Nikon D2X: well the D2H's are all going back to Nikon for repair . . .

Canon 1Ds Mk II : Nice camera, but costs TOO DAMN MUCH

Quite happy with my Evolt, yea, I know, it has a few problems too . . .
maybe in ten years this technology will finally mature.

"George Preddy" <george.preddy@gmail.com> wrote in message
> "carrigman" <carrigman@deathtospammershotmail.com> wrote in
> news:D 6t69k$v1r$1@reader01.news.esat.net:
>
> > Which one should I go for, I wonder?
>
> Sigma SD10, hands down.
Anonymous
May 24, 2005 12:25:16 AM

In rec.photo.digital carrigman <carrigman@deathtospammershotmail.com> wrote:
> Jeez, that was quick.
>
> There I was doing a little fishing, not expecting a bite for some time
> when... whoa! Preddy takes it hook, line and sinker!
>
> Straught on to the bank. Whack! Whack! Whack!
>
> Now, should I stuff it or eat it?
>
> Carrigman

LOL - apologies for calling you a Preddy sock earlier ;)

pete
--
pete@fenelon.com "There's no room for enigmas in built-up areas" - HMHB
Anonymous

news:D 6t7o3$vgt$1@reader01.news.esat.net...
> Jeez, that was quick.
>
> There I was doing a little fishing, not expecting a bite for some time
> when... whoa! Preddy takes it hook, line and sinker!
>
> Straught on to the bank. Whack! Whack! Whack!
>
> Now, should I stuff it or eat it?
>
> Carrigman

Throw it back...

--
Skip Middleton
http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

Pete Fenelon wrote:

> In rec.photo.digital carrigman <carrigman@deathtospammershotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Jeez, that was quick.
>>
>>There I was doing a little fishing, not expecting a bite for some time
>>when... whoa! Preddy takes it hook, line and sinker!
>>
>>Straught on to the bank. Whack! Whack! Whack!
>>
>>Now, should I stuff it or eat it?
>>
>>Carrigman
>

> LOL - apologies for calling you a Preddy sock earlier ;)
>
> pete

I want an apology for him dynamiting the pond. I just about fell out of
my boat!

http://www.unclaimedmysteries.net
Anonymous
May 24, 2005 12:25:17 AM

"Pete Fenelon" <pete@fenelon.com> wrote in message
> In rec.photo.digital carrigman <carrigman@deathtospammershotmail.com>
> wrote:
>> Jeez, that was quick.
>>
>> There I was doing a little fishing, not expecting a bite for some time
>> when... whoa! Preddy takes it hook, line and sinker!
>>
>> Straught on to the bank. Whack! Whack! Whack!
>>
>> Now, should I stuff it or eat it?
>>
>> Carrigman
>
> LOL - apologies for calling you a Preddy sock earlier ;)

Oops.
Me too.
:)
May 24, 2005 3:35:10 AM

George - you are getting sillier and sillier.

--
http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto

"carrigman" <carrigman@deathtospammershotmail.com> wrote in message
news:D 6t69k$v1r$1@reader01.news.esat.net...
> Which one should I go for, I wonder?
>
> Is there by any chance - although highly unlikely I know - amongst you a
> wise and learned man, maybe someone who is intimately acquainted with all
> things Sigma, a prophet not recognised in his own land, who might make up
my
> mind for me?
>
> Carrigman

Anonymous
May 24, 2005 6:59:10 AM

George Preddy wrote:

> "carrigman" <carrigman@deathtospammershotmail.com> wrote in
> news:D 6t69k$v1r$1@reader01.news.esat.net:
>
> > Which one should I go for, I wonder?
>
> Sigma SD10, hands down.

I agree. I love mine!

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download
May 24, 2005 2:56:09 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?)

"carrigman" <carrigman@deathtospammershotmail.com> wrote in message
news:D 6t7o3$vgt$1@reader01.news.esat.net...
> Jeez, that was quick.
>
> There I was doing a little fishing, not expecting a bite for some time
> when... whoa! Preddy takes it hook, line and sinker!
>
> Straught on to the bank. Whack! Whack! Whack!
>
> Now, should I stuff it or eat it?
>
> Carrigman

Congratulations. What a great catch.
May 24, 2005 3:16:20 PM

George Preddy wrote:

> "carrigman" <carrigman@deathtospammershotmail.com> wrote in
> news:D 6t69k$v1r$1@reader01.news.esat.net:
>

>>Which one should I go for, I wonder?
>

> Sigma SD10, hands down.

Totally agree. Get 16 of them on *ebay for the price of one new D2x,
set them up in a rack with 4 x 4 rows, and shoot 50mp (err.. 160mp
"Sigma" images) stitched panoramic images.

*Assumes that 16 or more SD10s were ever sold new
Anonymous
May 24, 2005 9:43:41 PM

Mark,

I'm afraid that you (and a few others) didn't get the joke. (As if anyone
could take the heading seriously).

I am NOT George Preddy under a different guise. The whole point of the post
was to ridicule him. Read my follow up email to his response and it will be
clear.

Regards,

Carrigman

> "carrigman" <carrigman@deathtospammershotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:D 6t69k$v1r$1@reader01.news.esat.net...
>> Which one should I go for, I wonder?
>>
>> Is there by any chance - although highly unlikely I know - amongst you
>> a wise and learned man, maybe someone who is intimately acquainted with
>> all things Sigma, a prophet not recognised in his own land, who might
>> make up my mind for me?
>>
>> Carrigman
>
> Hahahaha!!
>
> Nice try, troll.
>
> Your ONLY other post (not in this thread, and one of only 4 total posts to
> this NG) said:
>
> "Why don't you look at the indepth reviews and comparisons of these
> cameras
> in www.dpreview.com and www.steves-digicams.com and make up your mind?
>
> Carrigman "
>
> Isn't it funny how you'd forget so quickly your own advice?
> You're not fooling anyone...
>
> What a joke...

Anonymous
May 24, 2005 9:43:42 PM

"carrigman" <carrigman@deathtospammershotmail.com> wrote in message
news:D 6vljr$pac$1@reader01.news.esat.net...
> Mark,
>
> I'm afraid that you (and a few others) didn't get the joke. (As if anyone
> could take the heading seriously).
>
> I am NOT George Preddy under a different guise. The whole point of the
> post was to ridicule him. Read my follow up email to his response and it
> will be clear.
>
> Regards,
>
> Carrigman

Ya, I realized it later and noted it elsewhere in this thread...
Sadly, your post wasn't too different from the sock puppet trolls George
likes to spew.

I was hoping the person who posts as George Preddy would have evapoarated by
now, but no such luck.
Anonymous
May 25, 2005 7:18:07 AM

SNIP
> Ya, I realized it later and noted it elsewhere in this thread...
> Sadly, your post wasn't too different from the sock puppet trolls
> George likes to spew.
>
> I was hoping the person who posts as George Preddy would have
> evapoarated by now, but no such luck.

It only demonstrates that a concept like "Weapons of Mass Destruction"
can fail ;-).

Bart
Anonymous
May 26, 2005 9:10:44 AM

"Tony" <tspadaro@nc.rr.com> wrote in
news:o Mtke.39208$tf1.4621562@twister.southeast.rr.com:

> George - you are getting sillier and sillier.

That wasn't me. I suppose you have everyone else in this thread
killfiled or you would have known that, slick. BTW, I'm not that nice
lady Sarah Margaret or whatever her name is, either.
May 26, 2005 10:58:01 AM

George since you are only pathetic little troll and don't even own a
camera, let alone know how to operate one, and since you are hyping the
worst POS on the market, no real human is ever going to thank you for
anything other than going back on your meds.

--

> "Tony" <tspadaro@nc.rr.com> wrote in
> news:o Mtke.39208$tf1.4621562@twister.southeast.rr.com:
>
> > George - you are getting sillier and sillier.
>
> That wasn't me. I suppose you have everyone else in this thread
> killfiled or you would have known that, slick. BTW, I'm not that nice
> lady Sarah Margaret or whatever her name is, either.
Anonymous
May 28, 2005 3:09:12 AM

carrigman wrote:
> Jeez, that was quick.
>
> There I was doing a little fishing, not expecting a bite for some time
> when... whoa! Preddy takes it hook, line and sinker!

Steven Sharf is the "George Preddy" that uses Sharf's @gmail address.

'fraid you caught a boot.
Anonymous
May 28, 2005 10:56:54 AM

<george_preddy@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> carrigman wrote:
>> Jeez, that was quick.
>>
>> There I was doing a little fishing, not expecting a bite for some time
>> when... whoa! Preddy takes it hook, line and sinker!
>
> Steven Sharf is the "George Preddy" that uses Sharf's @gmail address.
>
> 'fraid you caught a boot.

Nice try...
One of my employees uses an @gmail address, does that mean he's George
Preddy, too?

--
Skip Middleton
http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com
Anonymous
May 31, 2005 2:05:57 AM

Skip M wrote:

> > Steven Sharf is the "George Preddy" that uses Sharf's @gmail address.
> >
> > 'fraid you caught a boot.
> >
> Nice try...
> One of my employees uses an @gmail address, does that mean he's George
> Preddy, too?

Is that gemail address, george.preddy@gmail.com? If so, then you
employ Steven Scharf.
Anonymous
June 2, 2005 2:01:49 AM

Tony wrote:
> George since you are only pathetic little troll and don't even own a
> camera,

Which Geaorge Preddy are you?
Anonymous
June 2, 2005 2:01:52 AM

Tony wrote:
> George since you are only pathetic little troll and don't even own a
> camera,

Which Geaorge Preddy are you?
Anonymous
June 2, 2005 2:01:55 AM